Rob Zombie Pin - Spooky

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
ChrisS

Rob Zombie Pin - Spooky

Post by ChrisS »

So somehow I missed the boat on getting on the preorder list. If anyone has a slot left for these please let me know. Or if you decide to back out and you can pass your slot onto me that would be great.

chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
RustyLizard

Re: Rob Zombie Pin - Spooky

Post by RustyLizard »

Chris

Get on the waiting list. With no cash down there will be plenty of people who signed up and don't follow through.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Hey Russ,

Yeah I'm on the list but I feel I'm further down the list i got in so late I was just looking to move up in the que.

:lol:

chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

I'll say it again.

If anyone wants out on the RZ pin I want in. It looks pretty great.

Let me know

chris
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

You're in line, right? I don't think you can take over a spot (not certain, though), I think they're just moving down the waitlist as people bail.

The deadline to decide is 12/18. I think it's probably kind of poor timing on Spooky's part to require a payment at that time, a week before xmas probably isn't an ideal time to expend cash for a lot of people. Hopefully you find your way into the buy list!
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Yeah I'm on the list.

I just think I'm # 1001. :lol:

Thanks for the info Dave.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

So how many of us are putting deposits down and geting a rob zombie? So far...

Kingpin
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

It seems like it's been really well received, but I only ready about a page of reaction.. now I look and there's something like 900 more posts I haven't read... crazy.

I listened to the coast 2 coast podcast, and Charlie said (at that time) that there were only 3 people that had passed on the game to that point.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

As much as I want to like this game, the shots felt horrible when it was at MGC as Zombies or whatever it was previously. I am all for having different playfield layouts (that is why I fell in love with Gottliebs a long time ago), but this game didn't feel good at all. I liked the thought process behind the skill shot, but the execution of the rest of the layout was really bad.

Crossing my fingers the code, artwork, and sounds compensate for the layout..... Time will tell.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I will be honest that I am pretty bummed we are only given 7 days to commit and send a deposit and have to do so with no opportunity for hands on and limited teaser and gameplay.

I know spooky wants to avoid the prepay model and I like that, but I dont think this model is really much better.

I mean I will come up with my deposit and hold the spot but only because it is the only option. If you pass now then it will likely be tough to get one in the future.

At this stage with limited pics, vid, info

Pros: The gameplay looks like lots of fun. The art on the cab and trans looks really great! I liek heavy multiball games and this appears to be one!
Cons: I am not a fan of the all wide target use and no spinner when the left orbit is asking for one. The mini pf seems a bit sparse and the short gameplay vid make it look super easy. The pf art looked better in the game play video. The plastics still look out of line with the rest of the game.

I am really hoping I can play it soon and make a more concrete decision for the long haul.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

I really want to love the game. The art, dmd graphics, music and theme are all awesome! i'm a big fan of Rob Zombie's movies and would love to own another dark, brutal horror game.-the game makes BSD look tame in comparison. My biggest reservations are with the layout and uncertainty with code. I agree with Tim on PZFBTG. I didn't like how the shots felt at all on that game. This video looks like an improvement over that game but it's hard to tell without actually playing it. I do feel like the game overall is just a little too barren. Could have used at least one spinner or a drop target bank. There just isn't much to shoot at beyond a half dozen or so stand-up targets and a single drop. and the upper playfield just looks empty and unfinished with just a rollover switch and the Captain Spaulding gate at the far back.

With that being said I think if it has a really good rule-set it could overcome the faults in the layout. I'm hoping for more detailed info on the rules before making a decision either way. I couldn't really tell in the short video if there was the ability to stack any of the modes/multi-balls together. It seemed fairly linear in how he would start and end one mode and then move onto the next.-Kind of reminds me of RFM in that regard. I also couldn't tell if there were any multi-balls separate from the modes?-It seems like most of the modes had at least a 2 ball multiball. I just hope the rules are well thought out and I hope the programmer (who's a first timer) gets it. For example, I'm trying to figure out on a mode like house of 1000 corpses how you can get 1000 switch hits without the luxury of a spinner or a closed pop bumper bumper bank to rack up switch hits. Seems like death to shoot it into the pops and I can't imagine shooting the ramp and stand up targets 1000 times. I'm leaning towards passing at this point but if the game ends up being great I likely won't have another chance to own it.-I may just put $1000 down and wait until I have a chance to actually play it. Could always sell it later I suppose if I find out the game isn't for me.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Just pointing out.. if someone was going to pass, you could instead just act as a surrogate for Chris.
Current machines:

ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

DeaconBlooze wrote:Just pointing out.. if someone was going to pass, you could instead just act as a surrogate for Chris.

I could have sworn Chris texted me this the other day- "I am content with what I have"..... Twenty bucks says his significant other texted that to me... :)
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

DeaconBlooze wrote:Just pointing out.. if someone was going to pass, you could instead just act as a surrogate for Chris.
I would definitely consider this if I decide to pass either now or a month or two down the line. I still want to play one before making my final decision. At least putting $1000 down would buy me enough time to play a completed game for myself.-assuming one will be at MGC or I can make a drive to Benton.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

pretty sure the 1000 switch hit/ corpse mode was stated to ahve the ability to hit certain switches which will then double switch hits for the remainder of the mode?

I too would be a happy surrogate in the case that i ultimately pass on the title.

I nkow they supposedly are not allowing transfer of spots but I think in our small community we could just keep our spot and then hand over a game post delivery.

I know form experience that good code can make me love a poor/ sparse layout (TWD), so for now I look at it liek my 1000 deposit is my security net to have the ability to make a real decision after I get some actual time on the game.