Pinside getting a little CRAZY!

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
TomGWI

Pinside getting a little CRAZY!

Post by TomGWI »

Hey Tim,
Thanks for making the site. It's a nice escape from the pinside craziness lately. :lol:
ralphwiggum

Re: Pinside getting a little CRAZY!

Post by ralphwiggum »

I just created it, we all make it...

As for Pinside, anything that has growth, this is the end result (craziness). I like the vibe of regional/local sites better. We are tight knit community, have typically met each other in person to some degree, and we don't hide behind the anominonity of a keyboard since we are so close together geographically.

I would love to see this regional site grow, simply because there are so many great collectors and people in this area. Growing up down south, I can certainly attest to the friendlyness (sp?) that is the midwest.....
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
akumazeto

Post by akumazeto »

Drives me nuts lately. Whats with all these idiots going to walmart buying action figures and then throwing them in a game. It looks like SHIT! People coming up with all these mods and then they ask what do YOU think. Half the time scratch that more than 90% of the time they look like ass crack. But if you say that you will get slammed. It has gotten far far far out of control and is quickly becoming a elitist rich mans hobby. Never used to be like this.

Oh well. Most of the guys know me personally so they get it.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

akumazeto wrote:Drives me nuts lately. Whats with all these idiots going to walmart buying action figures and then throwing them in a game. It looks like SHIT! People coming up with all these mods and then they ask what do YOU think. Half the time scratch that more than 90% of the time they look like ass crack. But if you say that you will get slammed. It has gotten far far far out of control and is quickly becoming a elitist rich mans hobby. Never used to be like this.

Oh well. Most of the guys know me personally so they get it.

It has been regressing for awhile. It IS a great site, but once the pricing on Pinside surpassed what you can get the games on Ebay for, it started to turn into "Flipper City". Lots of newer collectors that hear guys chime in with "great price", biting the bullet on a game they probably spent at least 25% too much for. This hobby is supposed to be about helping each other out, not getting your friends drunk and telling them to jump... :lol:
Current Collection
akumazeto

Post by akumazeto »

I couldn't even begin to quote any prices anymore. All these new people with OOOOOOODLES of cash and about as much brains as a snail. Will pay anything. Remember when you waited for months to find the right deal. Now people just pay whatever. leds add value GTFO baaaa. People who are friends with me on facebook know i post the best of the best of the idiots on my wall. I left the hobby in 08 and came back in 2011. It has just gone nuts. Its sad really. Remember when you could get a BSD for 900 bucks wcs for 1200. Just sad.
akumazeto

Post by akumazeto »

Just got off phone with a moderator over there. Exejet on his way to being banned again!
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

"Just got off phone with a moderator over there. Exejet on his way to being banned again!"

Again? i blocked his posts about 2 years ago. he is the only one that have blocked just because i don't think anything that he has to say adds to the conversation.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

That place is out of control. Somebody needs to link this thread over there. Lol
Ken

Post by Ken »

Wut???
PaulyB18

Post by PaulyB18 »

I think we are getting spammed! Need Moar Mods. Lol
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

We are big time now... The French have invaded Wisconsin Pinball..... Those smelly bastards..... If you guys can hit the "report post" button for me when you see them, I will get them squared away....
Current Collection
jonogo

Post by jonogo »

A little bit of french historically accurate videoness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZMwKPmsbWE
Collection contains...
Pins: nada
arcades: nada
RustyLizard

Post by RustyLizard »

Google Bot was on here the other day the same time I was.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

RustyLizard wrote:Google Bot was on here the other day the same time I was.
Yep that is one of the crawlers out there that indexes this site for search engines. There are four or five of them that hit this site regularly.
Current Collection