Houdini at Geeks Mania

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
pfcjimmy

Houdini at Geeks Mania

Post by pfcjimmy »

Anyone have a chance to play this yet?
American Pinball shipped three last week and Geeks has one of them.

Was planning on stopping out this weekend since it is too cold to do much else.
MikeS

Re: Houdini at Geeks Mania

Post by MikeS »

Let me know when you are thinking of going. I may try to stop out with Theran as I'm anxious to finally play one!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

I was just going to post about this.... I am thinking of taking a day off next week to check it out.... It is the only new machine out there that remotely has my interest.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
BrewNinja

Post by BrewNinja »

I was planning on taking a day off to spend out there too because of this. The early reviews seem to be pretty good. I should have played it at expo when I was there, but didn't feel like standing in line.
Black Hole, F14, Dirty Harry, Walking Dead Premium, Fish Tales, Comet, Metallica, The Shadow, Whirlwind, Black Knight 2000, Deadpool
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

ralphwiggum wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:16 am I was just going to post about this.... I am thinking of taking a day off next week to check it out.... It is the only new machine out there that remotely has my interest.
Same here, that's why I haven't been there in a loooong time. I think the summer was the last time I was out there. It's my birthday at the end of the month, so I might make the most of the free birthday admission (tbh, not sure if they're still doing that or not) and go then.
Methos

Post by Methos »

I played it last Sunday.

Lucky, it's one of the few games there I'm actually able to play. Everything else (except Hobbit, WOZ, and BT66 is impossible to even look at).

I put 15 games on it...and kind of mixed. Looks beautiful, game play is so/so. Lockdown bar moves around, game resetted a few times, etc.
pfcjimmy

Post by pfcjimmy »

Played some today and I feel like this will be my NIB purchase this year.
I'll let the early adopters work out all the minor bugs first.

A lot going on and some tough shots.
Also the references at the other companies/games from the mystery shot were a funny surprise.
PinJohn

Post by PinJohn »

I played it at Expo and it was one of my favorite choices for new games.
Methos

Post by Methos »

pfcjimmy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:08 pm Played some today and I feel like this will be my NIB purchase this year.
I'll let the early adopters work out all the minor bugs first.

A lot going on and some tough shots.
Also the references at the other companies/games from the mystery shot were a funny surprise.
I saw TNA being pulled out of the hat which was kind of funny.

The potential is there, it's just a matter of time. One thing I did not like was the LED lighting. You could hardly see the pf in certain spots. The art and game scream incandescent to me. :)
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

My first time seeing and playing the game today and I was impressed. It's like a deeper and better Theatre of Magic. Lots of creativity in the modes and subtle humor. Felt like an original theme done right. I wasn't expecting to like the layout as much as I did but I think this may be Balcer's best. Seems like a pretty packed and complete game for the price. If they can ramp up production and keep the quality control up I think this will be a great first game for American Pinball.

It's also pretty cool that the game keeps track of your game time. I managed one really good game where I got to see a lot of what the game had to offer.
Attachments
IMG_20180106_110601.jpg
IMG_20180106_110519.jpg
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Finally getting a chance to check this game out tomorrow. Planning on breaking my GeeksMania cherry tomorrow afternoon around 1pm.... Looking forward to checking this game out (and Geeks Mania)....
Current Collection
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

ralphwiggum wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:56 pm Finally getting a chance to check this game out tomorrow. Planning on breaking my GeeksMania cherry tomorrow afternoon around 1pm.... Looking forward to checking this game out (and Geeks Mania)....
I'll plan to meet you out there tomorrow with Theran. I've been looking for an excuse to get back over there to play more Houdini and it would be good to see you and the boys! Just lmk if anything changes.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

MikeS wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:49 pm
ralphwiggum wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:56 pm Finally getting a chance to check this game out tomorrow. Planning on breaking my GeeksMania cherry tomorrow afternoon around 1pm.... Looking forward to checking this game out (and Geeks Mania)....
I'll plan to meet you out there tomorrow with Theran. I've been looking for an excuse to get back over there to play more Houdini and it would be good to see you and the boys! Just lmk if anything changes.
That's awesome.... See you guys there! (It will just be me though- my boys will be hanging out wtih mom!)
Current Collection
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

ralphwiggum wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:52 pm
MikeS wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:49 pm
That's awesome.... See you guys there! (It will just be me though- my boys will be hanging out wtih mom!)
Well I haven't mentioned anything to the boy yet so maybe I'll make it a solo trip. That way I can get more than 3 games of pinball in. Lol...
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Good hanging with you guys today. Felt good to throw a few DIKs up today..... What a great place.

I got a little solo time on Houdini and I really liked it. Too bad it rebooted on me twice in three games :(
Current Collection