Pirates of the Caribbean

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Chris K

Pirates of the Caribbean

Post by Chris K »

Did you guys catch the reveal? The table looks beautiful! The rocking ship looks like a ton of fun. Watching the ball slide all over the place was pretty cool. The canon mechanism looks like a lot of fun, too.

I also really liked the compass-like display at the bottom. As a stooge when it comes to rules, I really appreciate that instant tutorial. The touchscreen-ish display is really neat too. How does that work? It’s under the glass right? So it’s not capacitive....

I thought the tilt warning lights were a great idea. How did nobody think of that until now?

Very nicely done, Eric. Congrats on the table, and the great reveal!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
QuyN

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean

Post by QuyN »

Watched the whole 2 hours of it. What an amazing looking machine! Eric did an amazing job, and if this is his first one, and he has plans to continue designing, then I think we're all in for a treat.

The display in the apron is just that. It's not a touchscreen; there's an action button in the lockdown bar. Still just in awe that Eric was a major component in this machine!
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Ah, I didn't notice the button from the stream; they had cropped out the lockdown bar. I thought there was some crazy sensor business going on there.

The compass sliding around to show your next shot is really freaking cool. Playing (and not knowing WTF I'm doing on) The Hobbit, people have always told me to look at the book to see what I should shoot next. The placement of the book and the text-oriented instructions made that not-so-useful to me. This is way cooler. You'd have to be a complete dolt to have a ball trapped and not know exactly what to do next.

I see the LE has "target decals" whereas the standard does not. Are those insert decals? There's very little art up on JJP's site, so I can't tell from product photos.
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Not quite sure what the target decals are...I know the LE has some barnacle things on the side rails and lockdown bar. I'm not sure if that would be a pain to keep clean over time, and totally not my thing, but I can see how they wanted to push the envelope with all of their decisions. I think the apron display is genius! There are times where I find myself looking at the display just to see where I need to shoot for in a particular mode, but miss it, and have to guess or decipher which flashing lights to go for. The compass fits the theme perfectly. I could see in a future code update that "something bad" like a storm or battle (maybe even a drunk?) mode would cause the compass to spin out and not be of any help to you. Just really ingenious stuff. The teetering mini pf is another example of creativity that is genius.
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

There was mention of a drunken pirate mode in the game that may or may not involve reversed flippers during the live stream. The game looks amazing! Great job, Eric (not sure if he is on this forum). Hopefully this game is at MGC so I can give it a shot and then attempt to convince my wife to let me get one.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

GOOD MORNING!!!!

If you can't tell, I am so excited about this game. I will do my best to help keep this thread updated with what I know (and I have access to knowing a lot about this amazing game).

Okay. Target decals. These are the decals that are applied to the stand up targets on the playfield (3x, 5x, skull, crossbones, etc). These are included on the Limited and Collectors edition. While the standard version that is on display at expo has them installed, they are not included on the standard.

The barnacles are included with the collectors edition only. It is part of the upgraded art package.

Noah, I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but if I have it my way there will double digits (10+) games available for people to play at mgc.I will be doing some pre-show specials. Order a game and let me use it for the show and I will give you a great price.

If you guys have any questions about Pirates of the Caribbean please don't hesitate to ask. If anyone would like to talk about ordering one let me know. Shipping is scheduled for release 1q of 2018.

Pricing is as follows

Standard edition $8500 ($250 fully refundable deposit).
Limited edition $9500 ($250 fully refundable deposit)
Collector's edition $12500 ($1000 fully refundable deposit).

For all my fellow Wisconsin pinheads, give me a call and we will discuss sales taxes and pickups.

Thank you much for the support and high praises from everyone here and at expo. For those of you that were able to get down to play the game and talk with eric, what did you think of... either experience?

Christopher
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Jimrad

Post by Jimrad »

all I have to say is the game is pretty awesome .yes I ordered a collectors edition . thanks again Chris.
KINGPIN is number 1 when it come to customer service ,hands down. thank you very much to you and Eric
for taking care of my Dialed in mess . You guys are great!
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

I got a number of plays on JJPOTC and it was playing great for a prototype. The software was definitely playable and further along than any of the other JJP prototypes before. The level of detail and number of shots are great. While I was initially not a big fan of the theme, it is integrated really well and I think may be similar to The Addams Family as a timeless themed game.

The only question I have - Why wasn't the midget an option for a character to choose???
Attachments
6bcbb85497373003308c28063081aa68--westies-pirates-of-the-caribbean.jpg
6bcbb85497373003308c28063081aa68--westies-pirates-of-the-caribbean.jpg (17.77 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Eric_S wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:14 pm While I was initially not a big fan of the theme, it is integrated really well and I think may be similar to The Addams Family as a timeless themed game.
Surprising that you would say this. I've only seen it on video, but the theme seems like a thin veneer over the game just so they can use the name to sell machines. The only art assets they seem to be able to use are media kit stills. There's none of the movie score. The only voice you hear is Gibbs out of all the characters. There's so little they really got that it's a damn shame, IMO. The soundtrack especially.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
jediturtle

Post by jediturtle »

On one hand I agree with you and am hoping that this is a big part of the incomplete code. They were saying it's only 20-30% there so far, and a lot of that could be theme specific sounds/callouts/score/animations.

On the other hand I kind of like the idea of this being a bit more of a generic pirate theme with POTC on it to help sell the name recognition...just like Walking Dead.

From the interviews with Eric where he mentions studying the films and integrating so many scenes as modes, and the character selection, etc...I am guessing there is a crap-ton of theme integration "stuff" yet to come. Even as-is, this machine nails the "world under glass" idea like I've never seen. I can't wait to see how the software evolves.
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

jediturtle wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:12 am On the other hand I kind of like the idea of this being a bit more of a generic pirate theme with POTC on it to help sell the name recognition...just like Walking Dead.
I kinda wish it was a generic pirate game - then they'd be able to do whatever they wanted with art and displays. It bums me out that the reality is it will sell better with the name tacked on.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I chatted with David Thiel and he said over 6000 cal outs still to be added.
Methos

Post by Methos »

Is any element of the original theme ride incorporated?
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Hopefully not the reliability. ;)
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Hilton wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:09 pm I chatted with David Thiel and he said over 6000 cal outs still to be added.
six thousand?!?! How many things could possibly be said!?