IFPA Challenge Matches

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
TomGWI

IFPA Challenge Matches

Post by TomGWI »

In 2018,IFPA is going to be doing challenge Matches were 2 people can submit a match. It is not for WWPR’s and does not cost a dollar. It will effect your IFPA rating.

Read more about it here: https://www.ifpapinball.com/ifpa-partne ... -and-more/
pinballgap

Re: IFPA Challenge Matches

Post by pinballgap »

It sounds interesting but still confused on how it works.I am guessing it needs to be in a tournament setting or is it just two people in a bar having a good time and submitting for points.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

pinballgap wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:47 pm It sounds interesting but still confused on how it works.I am guessing it needs to be in a tournament setting or is it just two people in a bar having a good time and submitting for points.
It could be either. Obviously you would probably wait till the tournament is over.
I think it’s more geared toward the later.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I still dont understand how this works...

I just challenge you to a match Tom? How many games do we play?
Then we both report that match?

Can we meet up and play a bunch of matches in 1 day?
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

I believe you have to do it through MatchPlay.com exclusively. You challenge someone to match, obviously they have to accept the match.

https://matchplay.events/live/challenges/create

Click on create challenge.

Looks like you can do best of 1,3,5,7,9 game match

You then enter your match Play id. Match also tracks your IFPA ranking

I use MatchPlay for our FCPL League & Flippin the Fox Tournament. Very easy to use.
Attachments
1D041586-AB25-4172-A786-783F54171A9A.png
95575742-8BD7-46C2-A3F0-C62F3EA0D2B8.png
ECB8D16C-5A8F-4DBA-A0DA-901A8B7799F8.png
033D47A2-44C8-46DD-8E02-DABFCB0D084D.png
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

can it be done with 1 person that owns a smart phone,or do both need smart phone capabilities (sorry, yes I am still that guy)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

reminds me somewhat of the 'bag tag' idea from golf/ disc golf.

I have actually thought it would be fun if there was some sort of system to easily track that.

Allow anyone to 'buy' a virtual bag tag at the start of the year. Each player is assigned a bag # randomly to start the year.
You can then challenge or be challenged by anyone at any point in the year to play a best of 3 or 5 game series. (rules in place like only 1 challenge per day, if you dont challege 1 person per 2 weeks then you auto drop 1 place, some places put constraints like only able to challenge withing X spots of your tag, etc...) if there was a system to do this it could be really fun.

The goal is to have the highest bag tag at the end of the year. Some places then do a finals group event at the end of the year for the highest X tags.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Hilton wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:06 am can it be done with 1 person that owns a smart phone,or do both need smart phone capabilities (sorry, yes I am still that guy)
That I am not sure. I assume only one person needs to do it.
Allmyfriends77

Post by Allmyfriends77 »

I’m looking forward to this for next year. Looks pretty easy to use. I’m sure I’ll be challenging a lot of people.