Would you enter for a chance to win WOZ or Hobbit?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Hilton

Would you enter for a chance to win WOZ or Hobbit?

Post by Hilton »

Howdy WI Pinballers,

Mad Rollin is quickly approaching and I have been working to try and find a cool prize for a special raffle again this year. If you remember last year we had the regular raffle for the smalelr prizes, plus the raffle to win Alien Poker (thanks Dave) and Raven.

This year, KingPin has been generous to offer the option of a WOZ or TH raffle (winner could have their choice of machine)

I do NOT want to open it for online ticket sales as that creates some other concerns and also like the idea of a MRP based raffle. People can of course have friends/buddies bring cash to the event and buy tickets: I just cant do any sort of presale/online option.

The plan would be 100 tickets at $100 per ticket with no limit on the # any 1 person can buy. KinPin would be providing the game at cost so this would generate $2500plus in charity moeny on its own and obviously for a great cause.

My question to you >>> Can we sell 100 tickets for something like this?

note: last year we sold 50 tickets (at $25 per ticket) for the Raven raffle.
Last edited by Hilton on Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hilton

Re: Would you enter for a chance to win WOZ or Hobbit?

Post by Hilton »

other thing worth note is that MRP is basically 80 people in total that attend.

LMK your thoughts.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

I would throw in $100 just for a chance
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

I'd be happy to donate $100 to Jimmy. He's a great guy :D

Seriously I'm down for buying a ticket and think it's a great idea!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

lol, the guys good karma has paid off in spades for winning pinball machines.
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Wow! I would consider for a chance!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Based on the overall lack of response, safe to assume this is a non starter?
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Maybe send an email to everyone attending. Might get a better response.
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

Good idea! I would be in and I am sure my brother as well. I am sure many attending would be in as well.
CftBL

Post by CftBL »

I'd be in. Tom has a good idea about emailing everyone registered about it
Creature from the Black Lagoon, Twilight Zone, Star Wars Premium, Hobbit
bmaster31

Post by bmaster31 »

I would be in for at least one. How many tickets per player would you need to sell? Can you get a commitment from a some people like kingpin, other wealthy players to say if we get to $X I will purchase the remaining tickets? Do we have to get to $10k or would the minimum be $8k to sill move forward with the raffle? Would you be able to refund people money if we didn't hit that target amount?

It would be awesome to get into a raffle for such a great prize and great odds, just tough to get $10k from a smaller event like this with poor pinball players!

-Brandon
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

bmaster31 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:55 am I would be in for at least one. How many tickets per player would you need to sell? Can you get a commitment from a some people like kingpin, other wealthy players to say if we get to $X I will purchase the remaining tickets? Do we have to get to $10k or would the minimum be $8k to sill move forward with the raffle? Would you be able to refund people money if we didn't hit that target amount?

It would be awesome to get into a raffle for such a great prize and great odds, just tough to get $10k from a smaller event like this with poor pinball players!

-Brandon
I think they way it would work is we would take a list with everyones name that wants a ticket. 100 total spots available on the list.
Once we get 85 names/slots filled (that would be the minimum to make it a go) then I would got get the money from all people that committed.

85 tickets would be the minimum to do the drawing.
100 would be the maximum sold.
Any person can buy as many slots as they want. If you want to buy 5 tickets then you have 5 chances to win. Buy 10 tickets and you have 10 chances.

100% of proceeds over the actual dealer cost of the game go to the charity.

In the case where we dont make it to 85 slots sold then I wont collect the funds.
bmaster31

Post by bmaster31 »

Sounds like a great way to do it! I'll make sure to bring a few extra Benjamins!

-Brandon
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

I think it would be a good idea if you presell the tickets before the event instead of doing a list.
That way you know how many are in.
Have a disclaimer that if not enough tickets sold (85), then money will be refunded and Game will not happen.
With a list, There will be people who change their mind or don't have the money, or wife won't let them. ;)
Worst thing is you don't have enough and you refund.
Just my 2 cents.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

TomGWI wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:45 pm I think it would be a good idea if you presell the tickets before the event instead of doing a list.
I dont want to take paypal for this so dont want to do an actual presell. Worries me that that makes things a bigger potential issue?

I could take the cash but figured that should be easy enough to do after we get the list going and see if we are reaosnably going to hit that 85 mark.