Madison is getting a Killer Queen Arcade

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Hilton

Madison is getting a Killer Queen Arcade

Post by Hilton »

It has been in the works for over a year, but I was unable to share the news officially till now. Madison will be getting a Killer Queen Arcade this summer. More details will follow in the coming weeks/months, but I know there has been lots of discussion and interest in this happening so I wanted to share it here also. The specific location will be announced at a later date, but it is safe to start getting excited and dreaming of strategy and teams now.

For those that are unfamiliar with the game, here is a link http://killerqueenarcade.com/

If you want to be involved in building the community (hive) then reach out and I will put you in touch with some of the other people that are planning to take lead roles in this. I wont be involved much aside from likely learning how to play, but I have been in talks with a few pinheads and non-pinheads that are excited to grow a community around this unique arcade cab.
DeaconBlooze

Re: Madison is getting a Killer Queen Arcade

Post by DeaconBlooze »

That's awesome! I found out about this game at MGC, and it was a blast to play. Thanks for bringing one to town!
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

I’ll be putting some time in on this one, for sure! It was fun to play with randos at MGC, but it’ll be awesome to play with a real team!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

DeaconBlooze wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:52 pm That's awesome! I found out about this game at MGC, and it was a blast to play. Thanks for bringing one to town!
You forced me to come be a 5th with you guys even though I did not like "vids" I think I blew the next 4 hours playing, lol.
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

I'm in if you guys set up a "thing"!
lg40

Post by lg40 »

Played this game at Logans in Chicago. Didn't think much of it until I played with a bunch of people. It is very addicting.
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

QuyN wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:21 am I'm in if you guys set up a "thing"!
a thing will be happening ;)

There appears to be a group of people getting things organized. There will likely be meetups once a week and hoping for some sort of flight school early on so people that know how to play can help teach others how to play.

The cabs will arrive later this summer but I will be sure to update once things get closer.
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Hilton wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:08 am
QuyN wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:21 am I'm in if you guys set up a "thing"!
a thing will be happening ;)

There appears to be a group of people getting things organized. There will likely be meetups once a week and hoping for some sort of flight school early on so people that know how to play can help teach others how to play.

The cabs will arrive later this summer but I will be sure to update once things get closer.
yeah! haven't played it before, but it's right up my alley. I love this kinda stuff!
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

It's really well set up for a cohesive team. I played with various people throughout the day, and we pretty easily came up with various 2-person strategies, both queen-bear and bear-bear. You can really wreak some havoc on the opposing team if you have two dedicated bears working together.

Man, I'm psyched for this game! I hope it's in a pinball location, cause it would be great to hang out on pins and then get together for a team game!
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Chris K wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:33 am

Man, I'm psyched for this game! I hope it's in a pinball location, cause it would be great to hang out on pins and then get together for a team game!
Since all our spots have pinbal, it will definately have pinball :)

I agree! If things go well then it would be great to have multiple teams and you play a round of 3 games then have a break to play pinball, then a round, rinse and repeat.

I dont know KQ much but am very excited to learn it and like the cooperative idea!
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Oh man, it's going to get serious. Get two people talking pinball strategy and they'll go for 20 minutes on one table. And that's a single-player game with no "intelligent" opponent.

I hope this all works out well, cause I miss the "hang out at the arcade" thing. Getting pins and a game like this together makes for a great social dynamic.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Yeah waht got me sold on KQ was the fact that I see it as very pinball like. There are multiple levels of stragety, skill, objects, and it is all relatively simple to explain but hard to perfect.

I was additionally sold on the idea that the newest KQ software apparently lets you play as 3 vs 3 teams, 4 v 4, or 5 v 5 which shoudl make for very differnet strategies.

Now the hardest part is just the wait time for our cabs to be built :)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

yes, I am a dork...
Attachments
Draft MadisonKQ.png
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

It needs 3v3 to work in an arcade setting. Getting 6 people together isn't very easy. If it were only playable with 10 people it wouldn't get much action.
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Hilton wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:09 am yes, I am a dork...
I love that! We definitely don't see enough Madison flags around town, and our flag is a really nice looking flag. Throw on a couple "bees" riding snails and you've got a winner! Now if we could only do something about the Queen Bee in the capitol...(yes I went there :lol: )