Madison is getting a Killer Queen Arcade

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Hilton

Re: Madison is getting a Killer Queen Arcade

Post by Hilton »

Chris K wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:16 pm It needs 3v3 to work in an arcade setting. Getting 6 people together isn't very easy. If it were only playable with 10 people it wouldn't get much action.

Yes 3v3 is the minimum to play. 5v5 is the ideal for fun factor and strategy as I understand it.

With the current group of people that are assembling it appears they will be shooting for weekly meetups on Wednesdays. I think the hope is that by establishing a specific day of the week to always meet up then opportunities for drop in play are higher if you plan to hit those days? and guessing also that as teams form or draft leagues start then people will be able to know when to plan to play.

That will obviously be the largest challenge with this cab. Need foot traffic and planned excursions until it hopefully takes hold.

Based on the number of people that have reached out already, I am very hopeful we will see 4-6 teams form and some fun/friendly matches shortly after it arrives.
It is obviously a large risk/experiement to see if this can take off in Madison, but what the hell... you dont know till you try.

I agree with you that the best upside is more return of the "arcade" vibe.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

QuyN wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:24 pm
Hilton wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:09 am yes, I am a dork...
I love that! We definitely don't see enough Madison flags around town, and our flag is a really nice looking flag. Throw on a couple "bees" riding snails and you've got a winner! Now if we could only do something about the Queen Bee in the capitol...(yes I went there :lol: )
I am not sure if my art skills are capable of that, lol
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

how about this, lol

Not sure if I like just the blue queen in the center. Too small also, but I tried :)
Attachments
queenflag.png
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

That yellow bee and snail should be inverted for some symmetry :D

It's not a well-known game, but hopefully with it being at MGC people have an idea about what it is in the area. They could easily have made this into an xbox arcade game if they wanted to, and that would be really cool, but I do like that they made the decision to keep this in cabs in order to preserve a social aspect you just can't get playing online.

I think starting a league night is definitely necessary. I've been to Logan only a few times, but all but once that game was completely empty since it requires such a large number of players. Putting together a google calendar for teams (or individual players) to setup their own exhibition matches and practices against others may be a solution.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

now you are just stretching my arting abilities :)
Attachments
Dave idea.png
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

one more, just playin aruond
Attachments
Draft1.png
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Game is arriving soon.

No promises, but if things work out well it will be set up at Alt Brew later today...

swing on by the monthly pinball meetup and I am guessing we can take it for a spin.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

The game is now set up at AltBrew. Go join the Madison KillEr Queen FB page to get up to date info and coordinate for meetups.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Nice! I'm not on Facebook, but I'm we'll all have plenty of opportunity to crowd it during MRP!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Chris K wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:31 am Nice! I'm not on Facebook, but I'm we'll all have plenty of opportunity to crowd it during MRP!
I think the general plan is Wednesday nights at 7ish for weekly meetups, so that will be the best day to catch people looking for 5 on 5 action.
Lev, Moe, and Jen are the main people organizing and trying to build a community at this stage. I am sure it will take some time to get the community built up but I am looking forward to being able to swing in and play some matches and meet some new folks.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

some people are heading over tonight at 7pm to fill the cab and learn hoe to play/ drink beer.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Sundays in January.
Attachments
KQ Flyer 1.jpg
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Reminder that Jen and Lev are running a KQ draft style tournament this Saturday starting at 11am.

Expected to run from 11-4p.
Only $5 to enter and ALL skill levels are welcome. Prizes for top 2 teams

Teams will be drawn by captains with attempt to balance based on skill/experience. This is a GREAT way to actually get some quick reps on a game and see some new stuff since players will be coming in from other cities with more experience.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

KQ mizer/tourney starts at 11am

Come on out yall.

It is -10 outside but a comfy and friendly temp at Alt Brew :)