Alien or Attack from Mars

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Hilton

Re: Alien or Attack from Mars

Post by Hilton »

Fortytwo wrote:I got to play the alian at ALT Saturday evening. One thing i noticed was being a new game already had a broke plastic. On the left above the outlane there is a thin plastic separating the saucer alley from the orbit. the tip is broke. So if you get one have a few small washers around to protect things like that.

yup. good idea!

That broken on the 3rd play.
chrisnack

Post by chrisnack »

Chris K wrote:Playing with a GB until you buy an Alien (or whatever is most awesome this winter) is a heck of a plan. My prediction? You'll have $2000 in your pocket and a Ghostbusters. $2000 buys a lot of plays on the Alien on route. :)
haha, right?
Current: Medieval Madness, Sinbad, Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
Former: Cleopatra, Joker Poker, Count-Down, Stargate, Road Show, Solar Ride, Attack from Mars LE, Star Wars Premium, Jurassic Park
chrisnack

Post by chrisnack »

I plan to head to Alt tomorrow night to play Alien(s). Might even stop by Pooleys to play AFM as well. But if Alien is good, then i might not leave :)
Former: Cleopatra, Joker Poker, Count-Down, Stargate, Road Show, Solar Ride, Attack from Mars LE, Star Wars Premium, Jurassic Park
chrisnack

Post by chrisnack »

Alright, after a lot of consideration etc... looks like the next pin is going to be Alien... have some phone calls to make, but i plan on getting one ordered this week.

AFM is probably just a bit too similar to MM so something different would be good to mix things up a bit.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

chrisnack wrote:Alright, after a lot of consideration etc... looks like the next pin is going to be Alien... have some phone calls to make, but i plan on getting one ordered this week.

AFM is probably just a bit too similar to MM so something different would be good to mix things up a bit.

congrats! i think you made a good choice. more importantly you put int the time to evaluate and make an educated choice!

pls let them know you played the Madison Pinball Alien :) It cant hurt, ya know.
chrisnack

Post by chrisnack »

Finalizing the order direct with Heighway today. This is gonna hurt...
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Congrats! I think you made a great choice :D I ordered my SE direct from Heighway as well. This game is going to be awesome in a home environment and there is still a lot to come as far as software/quotes go!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
chrisnack

Post by chrisnack »

MikeS wrote:Congrats! I think you made a great choice :D I ordered my SE direct from Heighway as well. This game is going to be awesome in a home environment and there is still a lot to come as far as software/quotes go!
Did you pay in full or deposit only? I'm paying in full to jump to the front of the line.
chrisnack

Post by chrisnack »

Well as soon as Heighway gets back to me. I'm in and paid in full. 27" LCD, shaker, EL blades, beacon lights, fiber optic ramps, PDI glass.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Very cool! Congrats! Alien looks like a lot of fun. I've only played a few games and was totally confused by the layout and rules, but at home you should be able to figure it out really quick.
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
chrisnack

Post by chrisnack »

I sure hope so! I wasn't sure what shots to make, but with working lights and time i'm assuming I can figure all of that out.

My order is in, so we'll see how long it takes. With all the goodies, it wasn't exactly cheap!

It should look pretty badass with all the upgrades. Hopefully Tron can eat it's heart out.
chrisnack

Post by chrisnack »

Spoke with Heighway yesterday afternoon and got everything finalized. I'm ordered and paid in full (OUCH).

Just a touch under $9k with everything.
chrisnack

Post by chrisnack »

The threads over on pinside are ridiculous!

I just want my game :D
chrisnack

Post by chrisnack »

Well i'm sure i'll just continue to get my ass lit up over on Pinside.. maybe there cooler heads here.. hopefully :) I know many of you don't know me super well, but i'm a reasonable guy. I've had several correspondences with them via email and the facts just don't line up and I wasn't comfortable with the transaction anymore.

I requested a cancellation of my order and a refund. Heighway responded only after i posted something on Pinside, but it wasn't to confirm my refund.

What bothers me is i've talked to a few others as a result and others have had issues getting refunds processed as well.

I'm frustrated, I really liked the game concept, but the information I was given wasn't correct and I don't want $9,000 sitting out there on a "what if".

Once i get my money back, then i'll be on the hunt again for something else, and something i can take home that day.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

chrisnack wrote:Well i'm sure i'll just continue to get my ass lit up over on Pinside.. maybe there cooler heads here.. hopefully :) I know many of you don't know me super well, but i'm a reasonable guy. I've had several correspondences with them via email and the facts just don't line up and I wasn't comfortable with the transaction anymore.

I requested a cancellation of my order and a refund. Heighway responded only after i posted something on Pinside, but it wasn't to confirm my refund.

What bothers me is i've talked to a few others as a result and others have had issues getting refunds processed as well.

I'm frustrated, I really liked the game concept, but the information I was given wasn't correct and I don't want $9,000 sitting out there on a "what if".

Once i get my money back, then i'll be on the hunt again for something else, and something i can take home that day.

I think you did the right thing. Others may tell you different. I have come to realize that unless you are buying a Stern or Spooky game it is best to keep your money in your pocket. Alien was suppose to be in production 2 years ago and they are still not getting games out. Same with Dutch Pinball. Once a distributor has a Alien in stock or Heighway actually has them loaded in a box ready to ship then I would consider it but tying up $9000 just to play the wait game is not a fun adventure.

I put a deposit on Predator (SkitB) after it was at Expo a few years back and a few days lasted I decided to ask for a refund. I luckily got it back but that was well before things came out that they didn't have the Predator license.

Not saying Alien will never get made but they need to shit or get off the pot at some point.

I think you did the right thing.