The phone is ringing!!! Are you Dialed in! ?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Hilton

Re: The phone is ringing!!! Are you Dialed in! ?

Post by Hilton »

Karl wrote:I enjoyed it quite a lot. It feels like a very solid game. I'm also partial to the idea of a non-licensed theme. I'll be dumping more quarters in it after work tonight!

I did have to channel my inner Phillip J Fry (shut up and take my money) on the coin box at alt. It wanted to let the coins slide through about half the time...very minor complaint overall and thanks for letting these make a stop here on the way to MGC.

I will try to adjust that tonight.

I think it has the similar issue that many Sega games do. The angle of the coin door makes the mechs reject coins more often. I will see if I can adjust it a bit to be more accepting of all quarters :)
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Thanks for the reviews guys. I have seen the ball get stuck on the q.e.d. (the guy that moves) track, but not sure what can be done about it.

Yes, there is a magnet in the theater that will activate sometimes and sometimes it will let the ball through depending on what is going on in the game.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

We only got to play a couple games, and with kids hanging off us, but we both had a ton of fun! A few thoughts:

I wish the app did more... even if it just showed my high score to date, that would be really nice. A list of games played, or some stats like you'd get from audits (modes completed, multiball time, etc) would be really cool.

What do the Big Bang and Atom buttons on the app do?

I don't like the "balls remaining" graphic. I can figure it out if I get used to it, but "ball 1 of 3" would be much more informative. This way reminds me of old NES games where "lives left 1" could mean you have one more try, or you're about to end your game.

The theater SDTM'ed on me a few times too. I don't like stuff like that, it feels unfair. I'd rather suck on my own accord. :) (Could QED be moved in the way when the magnet release is about to cause a SDTM?)

The light show is impressive! If I had to make a change I'd try to make the most important shots a little more obvious. There was SO much stuff lit that I had a hard time figuring out what to do.

I suck at pinball and the phone scoop is hard for me. Partially because the QED-on-a-stick was in the way a LOT. I wish he moved without me having to hit him. I waited for him to move like Mick, and was disappointed that he didn't.

Overall I want to play a lot more games! It's a ton of fun. I'd love to have one of my own.
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Chris,

Thanks for the feedback. I will pass it along to jjp.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Dialed In! is a lot of fun. Put in about 5 or 6 games. I agree with Chris on the theater and SDTM's. It does feel a bit cheap, especially since I made the effort to shoot it. The objectives weren't super clear. The back screen, I felt, didnt tell you what to shoot clearly, kinda like how Hobbit tells you exactly what to shoot. The voice prompts could be more helpful also. Im sure with more plays, I would understand the ruleset a bit more. Overall, it was very fun and I love that it is an original theme. Licenses are cool and everything, but an original theme was long overdue.

Thanks again KingPin for making these available!
BrewNinja

Post by BrewNinja »

Went over to schweglers and played a bunch of games. Didnt really understand what was going on, but it was sure fun! Had one decent game where I started some mode. Id love to play it some more. I'd love to own one if it wasn't so pricey, but I understand why it is that price. Thanks to Kingpin for arranging to get these in Madison for us to play on :)
Black Hole, F14, Dirty Harry, Walking Dead Premium, Fish Tales, Comet, Metallica, The Shadow, Whirlwind, Black Knight 2000, Deadpool
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

I got a few games in on Dialed In at ALT Brew today. It is a REALLY smooth flowing game, the ramp shots just feel right. Like other said, it is hard to know what to do during modes and multi-ball. In general, I think JJP games need to have stronger sound call-outs on what to shoot while playing, as I also have similar issues with Hobbit and WOZ. Overall, a really fun game though. The Super Skill shot is tough but feels great when you nail it.
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Thank you, thank you for putting these two games out for people to enjoy. Also thank you for the instructions on how to link your cell phone with the game.

I was in Madison with some friends yesterday and got several games on both machines. Got a few SDTMs from the theater. I did try the phone app out a few times, the only things I saw it do (due to the early code) were the ability to flip with the phone, & display my name on the games display(cad-kid) - pretty cool! For gameplay I liked the selfie mode, but would have liked the ability to save some photos. I also noticed if you didn't like where QED man was- you can hit him and he moves to his other position. I heard the callout - the big bang is ready. It took me a minute to find the shot as the left ramp hides it (the shot is between the ramp and the theater).

Both games had the volume set pretty low. At the bowling alley the it's understandable that one might not hear the game due to the background noise. But at Alt Brew we were there near closing time and I could barely hear the game (not a gripe just an observation).

Final thoughts - I really enjoyed the game (looks, game play, animations, etc). I will certainly be playing it more on location in the future :mrgreen:
Attachments
20170401_174126[1].jpg
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

sorry about the sound level. We are at the mercy of the bar to keep things at a balanced level.

Admittedly, i have not have much time to dial in Dialed in! give its short time span of being out.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Chateen and I split kid-watching yesterday to play some more. Chateen's phone kept her high score, she thinks, but mine definitely didn't. It might have been because I locked my screen, and she didn't? Bummed me out, cause I managed a #2 high score (which of course is because the table hasn't been thoroughly hammered by the good players yet, but I'll take it!) We're both on Android.

Recording the snapshot photos to the app would be a killer feature, I agree. I looked up once and noticed my death stare at the table being splashed all over the playfield.

Big Bang is hard to find for sure. I only saw it yesterday when I hit it and the display went nuts.

I got a ball hangup ON the theater magnet. I have a photo of it if needed, but basically it came to a rest right behind the magnet leaning against the right wall. Looked like a million to one shot, maybe? Anyway, putting the magnets in the ball search would be good.

The under-playfield magnet above the flippers grabbed a ball that was headed to my left flipper and redirected it SDTM at warp speed. That one sent me off to the bar for a beer and some EMs. A 1 second ball save when that magnet fires would be a nice option... if I bought a Dialed In, I would simply disconnect that magnet, cause it almost screwed me a few other times too, and all it does IMHO is replace skill with chance.

I had a bit of Fish Tales boat action going with the left/right ramps last night. That was a ton of fun to see how many I could chain together

The phone as a "what to shoot next" indicator is fantastic. I stopped looking at the playfield and read the phone instead.

Anyway, I like the table a lot overall, but I'd like it a ton more if the playfield magnet weren't a roll of the dice for a ball drain and the theater wasn't an almost guaranteed drain. Those are the only two things on the table I really dislike. The theme is great, lights are beautiful (as usual for JJP), shots are a lot of fun, and it plays really smooth and fast.
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Methos

Post by Methos »

Put a few games on it on Friday. Shoots really nice and reminds me of TZ, in terms that there is everything in the game but the kitchen sink. The build cost on these has to be huge.

Shoots nice but like others have said it isn't very clear yet on what the objective is. The LEDs in the GI keep the pf somewhat dark.

Overall it's a great game, but still have a hard time with the title. :)
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Chris K wrote:(snip)Chateen's phone kept her high score, she thinks, but mine definitely didn't. (Snip)
After reading what you said about the phone keeping score I did remember that the game showed on the backbox display what my last or best score was. Do you think the phone app keeps a high score? I had to check my phone just now, but I'm not seeing anything.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

I've had a few games at each location in the past few days.

Sound level needs to be higher - that's my fault for the Schwoegler's game. It's sometimes tough to gauge how loud to make it in the bowling alley. Sometimes it's really loud (when nobody is bowling!) but then other times you can't even hear it (when people ARE bowling!). I'll boost in up tomorrow. There's a headphone jack on the front, so feel free to bring headphones with you! There's a volume switch on there that you can use to set it to your liking.

The phone app is nice for keeping track of scores. The ability to flip is neat, but ultimately I think it's gimmicky. Might be fun in a casual format, though.

I agree with others on the Theater magnet dropping the ball STDM. I've had that happen to me a number of times. Maybe pulse one of the lower magnets after the theater magnet lets it go so that it's sent of into another direction?

Flow is awesome. Love the light show. The backbox animations are great, but I feel that there's almost TOO much to read at times and difficult for me to figure out exactly what I need to do. I'm old and can't keep up with all these new-fangled-doo-hickeys. :D

Overall a great game that's fantastic to shoot. Thank again for making it available locally!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

I found the phone display is great for summarizing what you need to do, at least when you're in a mode.

I forgot about the headphone jack! I'm going to have to try that!
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Hilton wrote:sorry about the sound level. We are at the mercy of the bar to keep things at a balanced level.
No worries, we all had fun :D