Auto ball launch / save

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
CftBL

Auto ball launch / save

Post by CftBL »

I've been doing some searching and coming up blank. Does anyone know when auto ball launch was first introduced on pins? Even more specific, does anyone know the first game to use auto ball save on multiball? I'm curious because I'm sitting here trying to figure out what I want to get next and I think that I want to make sure my next pin can do auto ball launch because none of my current ones can. I'm just trying to figure out a starting point for years to consider forward from.

Mike
Creature from the Black Lagoon, Twilight Zone, Star Wars Premium, Hobbit
QuyN

Re: Auto ball launch / save

Post by QuyN »

Can I ask why it's so important to have that feature? Just curious. I've not seen that being a criteria for something to look for in a game. I guess, for me, it's just bonus to have it, but if not, eh, no big deal at all.
CftBL

Post by CftBL »

It's not really important to have, it is just something that none of my current machines have and I kind of want one with it. It's like you don't need air conditioned seats in a vehicle, but in the summer it's nice to have.
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

CftBL wrote:It's not really important to have, it is just something that none of my current machines have and I kind of want one with it. It's like you don't need air conditioned seats in a vehicle, but in the summer it's nice to have.
Gotcha. As a matter of fact, I do have vented seats in my car, and they are GLORIOUS :D
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Right around 91/92 seems to be when auto launch really started. There are a few exceptions on some older Gottlieb titles that didn't have a plunger (Spring Break for example) but if you look for Williams, Data East and any newer Stern's many of them have auto plunge after this time. There are certainly exceptions, such as Corvette, Creech, SWE1.

- Sean
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
CftBL

Post by CftBL »

Got it. Thanks Sean!