Local Resources & Help

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
ralphwiggum

Local Resources & Help

Post by ralphwiggum »

I figured since this is a local forum for Wisconsin (and to a smaller degree Illinois, Iowa, and Minnesota), I/we could share what resources we have to help each other in this small community we call pinball. Whether it is a tool, a part, or a service, chime in here with what you can help with.

For tools I can help with (not necessairly loan out, but use at my place to help you out), I have a welder, logic probe, desoldering station, tumbler (wet and dry), soldering station, rom burner, rom eraser, and multimeter.

For services I can help out with, I can burn roms at no charge (if you give me your old ones), troubleshoot and repair most boardsets (but my largest knowledge base in order is Data East, Gottlieb System 3, and then anything Williams System 9 and newer), and I can pretty much work through troubleshooting all machines with a decent set of schematics (including EMs).

For parts, I always keep a large variety of common parts around including LEDs, bulbs, coils, switches, rubbers, etc., and then I always have a large assortment of electronic components in my stash including SCRs, transistors, diodes, rectifiers, etc...

For local resources I would love to use but have never broken down and bought, I would love access to a rivet tool and a blast cabinet.

So..... What do ya' got?
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
ralphwiggum

Re: Local Resources & Help

Post by ralphwiggum »

Also forgot to add a couple more (and I am still forgetting a few I am sure)....

I have a playfield rotisserrie (I can loan out I dont use all the time), large clamps, moving tools (dolly, shrink wrap, straps) a large air compressor, a variety of air tools, and a couple of HVLP guns for spraying cabinets, etc...
Current Collection
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Like Tim, i can offer the following services.

For services I can help out with, I can burn roms at no charge (if you give me your old ones), troubleshoot and repair most boardsets (but my largest knowledge base in order is Sega/Stern and then anything Williams and newer), and I can pretty much work through troubleshooting all machines with a decent set of schematics (including EMs).

For parts, I always keep a large variety of common parts around including LEDs, bulbs, coils, switches, rubbers, etc., and then I always have a large assortment of electronic components in my stash including SCRs, transistors, diodes, rectifiers, etc...

I am also the area Jersey Jack Pinball distributor and the Wisconsin VirtuaPin distributor.

i will start other post on those as to not clutter this one.

I am located in the Wisconsin Dells area of WI.

Christopher
KingPin Games, Inc
www.kingpingames.net
sales@kingpingames.net
608-393-2299 cell
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I have a third hand rivet tool and a large variety of differnet rivet lengths. I think the thrid had works better that the press setup since it can reach in smaller area easier.

I also have a nice new set of Williams backbox silk screens (no ink or squeegee yet) that I am happy to help use if anyone is doing a full restoration and wants to do the backbox also.

I hope to soon buy a nice air powered stapler for reinstalling ground braid >> will probably get the one off of pinrestore website as it looks pretty nice and has the long nose and original looking staples.
roger0043

Post by roger0043 »

I've got an Escalera if anyone needs to move stuff up/down steps.

BTW, it's the 1200 lbs version.
Last edited by roger0043 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

roger0043 wrote:I've got an Escalera if anyone needs to move stuff up/down steps.
Everyone get in line for Roger's Excalera. :) I have a walkout basement but I am always going into basements with far too many narrow steps and turns to pick up machines.

My buddy Todd has an Escalera and we used it to pick up a soda machine from a basement... 700lbs and 25 steps, it went smooth.... Those things are amazing!
Current Collection
Methos

Post by Methos »

First post!

I will need some help with a rom soon - good to see all the offerings of assistance, much appreciated.

I have a solder station, many tools, tumbler, and a few pinballs that are always open to anyone to stop by and use.

:)
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Sounds like everyone already has the tools I could offer up (solder station, probe, etc), but do have a small collection of various parts (coils, playfield parts, etc...) and am pretty versed in troubleshooting EM and SS machines and bringing old Bally/Gottliebs back from the dead. My ROM burning capabilities - let's call them useless. I'll gladly help anyone local that needs it.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
PaulyB18

Post by PaulyB18 »

Have much of the same. On IL, WI, IA Border. Pretty Decent with board work, Roms, troubleshooting. Think the only difference is Full Scope and my old man Van.

Solder Station, Desolder (808), DMM, Rotisserie, ROM Burner / Eraser, Molex Crimp / Punch / Keys, Tumbler, Compressor/Tools, Drill Press, Pin Cart (NT), Wrap / Straps, Full Scope, Van.

Various Parts on Hand - Diodes, SCR's, Transistors, IC's, Caps, Resistors, BR, Molex Headers / Connectors, Hardware, Some Coils/ Flipper Rebuild Kits, Rubbers, Switches, Bulbs, Cleaning supplies and Media, Pine 4" Coasters (Pin Footies).

Also offer pin sitting services - plenty of room.