Far Our stuck in Game Over. Won't reset.

Tech Help, Restorations, Refurbishments, "Shop Out" Photos, Notes
Sandman

Far Our stuck in Game Over. Won't reset.

Post by Sandman »

Hello.

I just bought anotger EM, a Gottlieb Far Out machine. It stays in game over and won't reset at all. If I hit the start button nothing happens. Also, when I manually push in the QB/Game Over Relay, it buzzes pretty loud. Any help to get me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Eric_S

Re: Far Our stuck in Game Over. Won't reset.

Post by Eric_S »

Did you check if there are credits on the machine?

Were you working on something and then it stopped working? Always revisit whatever you were working on as that is probably where the issue lies.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

No I bought it like that. The game over light stay on and that's about it. I haven't messed with it yet. The button on the door does absolutely nothing. If I reset the Game Over Relay by hand it kicks back on as soon as I plug it in.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Game Over relay should be energized when first powered on. If there's a credit on there, then hitting the start button will start the game. Since that's not working, if you activate the Start relay by hand does anything happen?
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Well I got it. Some wires were cut on the coin door. Once it was running I found a lot more errors. Ball doesn't launch, no ball counter, bonuses don't add, bumpers don't work, etc. There's a bit more, but this one will be one hell of a project... it looks so nice though. :shock:
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Sandman wrote:Well I got it. Some wires were cut on the coin door. Once it was running I found a lot more errors. Ball doesn't launch, no ball counter, bonuses don't add, bumpers don't work, etc. There's a bit more, but this one will be one hell of a project... it looks so nice though. :shock:
Congrats on making progress! You might have to do what I did on the last bowler I worked on - start at the beginning and inspect every relay contact. I found a few that had "issues" :lol:
Attachments
P4121779.JPG