Team One Possible Score Reel Issues *Update*

Tech Help, Restorations, Refurbishments, "Shop Out" Photos, Notes
Sandman

Team One Possible Score Reel Issues *Update*

Post by Sandman »

Hello.

I recently acquired a Team One Gottlieb machine. When you plug it in it and power it up, it lights up. When you go and hit the button on the coin door, the machine keeps trying over and over to start up and just keeps cycling. I also noticed that the thousand score reel will either keep trying to reset or not move at all. It will work sometimes and when it does, the score gets messed up pretty bad. 500 will give you a 35,000 score. I am new to this and hope to learn more about EMs. I looked on the web and can't seem to find a schematic for it. I did remove the back cover and one of the reels is a decagon so I'm assuming all of them are. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I attached a photo of the mechanism that continues to rotate upon start up.

James.
Attachments
IMG_20160522_181815.jpg
Last edited by Sandman on Wed May 25, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ralphwiggum

Re: Team One Possible Score Reel Issues

Post by ralphwiggum »

If your scores dont reset back to zero, the game will not start. It sounds like your score isnt zeroing out? If not, you can manually step each score reel until you get it back to zero. See if it will start a game after you do that. If you are lucky, you just need to clean and lubricate your score wheels (very common).
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Also, you arent going to find a legal schematic/manual online for this game. Steve Young at PB resource has all Gottlieb schematics pulled from Cyberspace to protect his IP. You can purchase the schematics from him at pbresource.com.

Let us know how your first phone call with him goes :)
Current Collection
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

If you're going to buy anything, you're going to need this thing.... people used to use them long ago to send information. They're called "postage stamps".

This page will get you started on the technology:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postage_stamp

;)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Really? Why would you tell me that, Chris?

Also, if I BUY something I don't need a "stamp", the person selling it does. Maybe you need to read the Wiki.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Sandman wrote:Really? Why would you tell me that, Chris?

Also, if I BUY something I don't need a "stamp", the person selling it does. Maybe you need to read the Wiki.

Awww man James, I can't wait for your first PBResource order. Besides needing a postage stamp, you are going to need to write a "check" as well. From what I understand, these "Checks" were a popular way of paying for stuff a long time ago.
Current Collection
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Funny. I came here for help and all you people seem to do is poke fun. Cool.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

????????
No one is making fun of you. We are having fun with PBresource. Sorry if it came across that way. PBresource is great, but have a VERY old fashioned way of doing things. If you were calling them to order a manual for your machine, the experience with them can be a little different than what you may be accustomed to.

I gave a suggestion on what to do on your machine. Please don't hesitate to follow up here for help. there are no stupid questions.
Current Collection
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Well maybe I jumped the gun a bit. They only do mail orders. I didn't know. Sorry to both of you.

I did contact them and they will let me know if they have one.

Thanks.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Yep, sorry about that.... I know ChrisK as well, and he wouldnt (nor would I) have fun with someone we didnt know. Besides being mail order, Steve can be a bit "New York City" edgy. I didn't want to send you over to a dog that was barking loudly, but was the nicest dog you will meet. I am glad your experience with him has been okay so far.

Steve and PinballResource are a great asset to the community.
Current Collection
Methos

Post by Methos »

ralphwiggum wrote:If your scores dont reset back to zero, the game will not start. It sounds like your score isnt zeroing out? If not, you can manually step each score reel until you get it back to zero. See if it will start a game after you do that. If you are lucky, you just need to clean and lubricate your score wheels (very common).
Brain

Try this first. In the backbox each score reel can be moved manually, but you have to activate them by hand. You will hear them "click" each time you do. Get them all to zero and see if the game starts.

Brian is a new pinball collector everyone, so he hasn't been customized to our forum etiquette. :)
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Methos wrote:
ralphwiggum wrote:If your scores dont reset back to zero, the game will not start. It sounds like your score isnt zeroing out? If not, you can manually step each score reel until you get it back to zero. See if it will start a game after you do that. If you are lucky, you just need to clean and lubricate your score wheels (very common).
Brain

Try this first. In the backbox each score reel can be moved manually, but you have to activate them by hand. You will hear them "click" each time you do. Get them all to zero and see if the game starts.

Brian is a new pinball collector everyone, so he hasn't been customized to our forum etiquette. :)

Now I am confused..... is it Brian or James? Or are they the same?
Current Collection
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Haha, it's James.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Gotcha.... Mark must be on the sauce again....LOL

Welcome to the forum JAMES.... :) Please don't hesitate to participate here..... there are lots of great local collectors and lots of resources.
Current Collection
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Thanks, look forward to meeting all of you guys.

PBR emailed me a link with some Gottlieb repair sites to try first. I'll check those out and let you know what happens.