Its about Power

Tech Help, Restorations, Refurbishments, "Shop Out" Photos, Notes
CftBL

Its about Power

Post by CftBL »

Wednesday Night at Pooley's I had a conversation with Hilton and Mike S about power and pins. After it, I got curious about how many amps a pin actually uses.
I just stuck an ammeter on my Creature and did some checking. Under normal play mine uses around 1.8 amps, however under Max load it pulls 4.9 amps; the hologram motor actually had little effect on this and did not push it any higher. My machine does not have LED's so that will have some effect on the current draw. This made me think that if any more pins ever end up in Pooley's it would probably be a good idea to make sure that they are on a different circuit than the other 4 machines.

I was wondering if anyone else has ever been curious enough about their machine to check out it's power requirements (?)

Cheers!

Mike
Creature from the Black Lagoon, Twilight Zone, Star Wars Premium, Hobbit
Hilton

Re: Its about Power

Post by Hilton »

was max load when turning it on? during multiball?

thanks for the info. I already know that basically 4 games per 20amp is the general "safe zone". We will definitely need outlets on a new breaker IF we are ever able to convince Pooley's to let us bring in more games.
KingPin Games

Re: Its about Power

Post by KingPin Games »

i have 8 machines on a 20 amp breaker. we played them during league night with no issues.

the back of the machines say 8.0 amps. by that calculation you should only have 2 per 20amp breaker (supposed to only ever have an 80% load on the breaker).

the only time i have ever had an issue is when i first turn them on. occasionally it will flip the breaker, but not often.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games