October 22nd Ballers Event

ralphwiggum

October 22nd Ballers Event

Post by ralphwiggum »

Brodde P. is kind enough to open up his doors for us in October (he better ask his dad for permission though, LOL). We are heading to Madison for this event. I will be sending a Calendar event out shortly. Please email me, respond to the invite, or respond in this thread with your RSVP.

We have room for 16 (or 20, will confirm) at this event.
Garrett (or I) will post in the detailed information section with all of the nights notes.

Thanks Brodde (and Garrett too)!

PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT STARTS AT 6:30 THIS MONTH
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
BigDaddyBanjo

Re: October (TBD) Ballers Event

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

Brodde has space for 20 at the event. I have to warn everyone though, his mom has a strict: "No friends over until you clean your room" policy. I will keep everyone posted on his progress. :D
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

He might as well get used to it. Wives are the same way. :lol:
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
chaos

Post by chaos »

THIS IS WHY THERE ARE SO FEW WOMEN PLAYING PINBALL.

Seriously. Stuff like this doesn't make a welcoming environment. Please think about your audience.

--
Maya
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

You have met Chris right? I can't think of a person that creates much more of a welcoming environment to pinball than him. His house is open to anyone at anytime, and he advertises as such on a regular basis. I am actually happy to see the number of women (and teens) that have been participating in the Ballers monthlies has been fairly solid from month to month. There have been a lot of wives, girlfriends, friends, families participating. Also, a wide variety of them from month to month.

For anyone that hasn't been to a Ballers event, I will give you a heads up right now- There is some foul language, yelling, childish behavior, and a handful of other behaviors that are definitely not of the serious nature (including the inappropriate joke like Chris posted above).

But, if you are looking for a fun time where everyone is accepted unconditionally, by a bunch of people just looking to not be too serious one night a month, you would enjoy Ballers. I can't think of too many people like the hosts we have, that are willing to open up their homes to complete strangers, and share their awesome collections with everyone.

Hopefully, we can continue to keep the good vibes of this league going... We have 11 events a year, and 23 people volunteering to host them.

Bringing this back around..... Brodde, get that room cleaned up, so we can come hang out with you, and take money from your Dad. :)
Current Collection
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Is there an October ballers? What weekend? or did the room not get cleaned?
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

epthegeek wrote:Is there an October ballers? What weekend? or did the room not get cleaned?
The room did indeed get cleaned.... It is the 22nd, i will post more on this one and November in a bit...
Current Collection
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

put my down for this one. there is something about taking money from children that makes me a better pinball player... Ian, Brodde, Garreth... all of their money just seems to hold more value when (if) i win it.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

^classic.

I wish I could make it, but I'll be out of town that weekend.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
pfcjimmy

Re: October 22nd Ballers Event

Post by pfcjimmy »

I'll take a spot if it is available.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Note to self: sneak into Brodde's room and mess it up a bunch.
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
jasonm

Post by jasonm »

** EDIT** I had some stuff come up, looks like I'll be missing October. Have fun everyone!
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Alright... here is where we are at currently-

Garrett P. and Brodde P.
Chris M.
Todd E.
Tim N. and Dave M.

Donovan W.
Katie W.
Chris K.
Jimmy L.
John Z.

Tully
Current Collection
gjbwalker

Post by gjbwalker »

I won't be able to make this one. Have fun everyone!
tullster

Post by tullster »

Put me down as a maybe. Gotta be on call and if it's quiet, I'll stop over.

Tully