July 30th Ballers Event

Hilton

Re: July 30th Ballers Event

Post by Hilton »

thanks for the info.

I guess I am officially looking for either of the versions of ICB. If anyone knows of one then please point me in the direction.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

You will most likely have more luck finding the original Taito version rather than the I.C.E. version. They didnt make a ton of the I.C.E. ... You may want to hit up Kingpin to see if he has any leads, I am pretty sure he used to have then on route.

They are super fun, and have a small footprint. They are very approachable from someone new, and will get a ton of play. On the newer version (not sure about the Taito version), if you make it through the first set of holes, the second time around the bar starts to "jump" to make it even more difficult.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

how are they to work on? Any parts that are unobtanium or to be concerned about.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

They are super basic to work on. Parts are close to impossible to find on the I.C.E. version, I am not sure about the Taito version. I was fortunate when I found mine, the seller had an extra NOS glass, NOS sensors (all of them for each hole, NOS side art, and NOS spare belts.

It is basically just a small computer under the control panel, two motors and two belts...... Very easy to service.
Current Collection
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

ralphwiggum wrote:They are super fun, and have a small footprint. They are very approachable from someone new, and will get a ton of play.
Hey TIM,

In your experience what gets more play in your house? The Ice Cold Beer or the bowler? BOOOOOM. :D :lol:
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

ChrisS wrote:
ralphwiggum wrote:They are super fun, and have a small footprint. They are very approachable from someone new, and will get a ton of play.
Hey TIM,

In your experience what gets more play in your house? The Ice Cold Beer or the bowler? BOOOOOM. :D :lol:

I don't know about play, but I can tell you which one does a better job at wrapping christmas gifts on and holding parts while I shop other machines..... LOL
Current Collection
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

ralphwiggum wrote: If I could get it done in time, your crotch would be on fire.... :lol:
You don't need to mod Gold Wings, Tim. You already set my crotch on fire.
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Chris K wrote:
ralphwiggum wrote: If I could get it done in time, your crotch would be on fire.... :lol:
You don't need to mod Gold Wings, Tim. You already set my crotch on fire.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Current Collection
gjbwalker

Post by gjbwalker »

Count me in!
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Alright, I guess I should post an attendance list since this thing isn't that far away. I am going to soft cap this at 16, since it doesnt look like Ghostbusters will be here by then, it leaves me with 8 games (all completely brutal to play, this should be a quick night), so if one goes down, I dont want 20 people waiting on 7 games..... I guess it doesn't really matter, lets just play it by ear.

Doors open at 6pm, main event starts at 7pm. Info and address is posted in the detailed schedule information. This is a BYOB for alcohol event. I will have tons of soda, water, pizza, snacks, etc., but dont have a ton of beer on hand right now.

Gamelist

Rescue 911
Simpsons Pinball Party
Indiana Jones (Williams)
World Cup Soccer
Maverick
Phantom of the Opera
Sinbad
Gold Wings

Side Game
Ice Cold Beer
Current Collection
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Attending Hosts (and guest)
Tim N.
Chris S.
Greg B. and Jason M.
Neo S.
Garrett P.
Tim F.
Todd E.

Attending Guests (Tentative)
Chris K.
Matt C.
Donovan W.
Katie W.
Current Collection
funlandvintagearcade

Post by funlandvintagearcade »

Hi, My name is Jim. I'm new to this group and was told about these events. I would be interested in attending if you have an open slot. Please let me know if I would be able to attend.
Thank you in advance, Jim
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

I'm out. Last minute ridiculous decision to go to ReplayFX after all.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

I didn't know what ReplayFX was, so I Googled it. It looks like it has games and cosplay.

Tim will have games. This much I know. The question now is: Tim, will you have cosplay?
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

I hear he has his costume all picked out for Saturday Night
Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 3.23.50 PM.png
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.