September 26th League Night

lg40

Re: September 26th League Night

Post by lg40 »

It's mine and my wifes anniversary that Sat. Whats a great place to take her out for dinner in that area before league?
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

A few of my favorites in the area:

Buckhorn Supper Club

A classic supper club, pretty highly regarded. It's a bit pricey, but they make a good drink, and I've enjoyed the food when I've gone.

Lakehouse Inn

Another supper club. This one is out of the original property building set on Lake Koshkonong. It's a pretty cool place, but a little rundown. I don't have any complaints as far as food goes. They're actually celebrating an anniversary of their own this weekend, so it may be busier than normal.

Anchor Inn

This place burned down over the winter, but they've been serving outside while they're rebuilding. It appears that they're nearly done, but I don't know what their limitations are as far as food. They usually have some live entertainment on the weekends, and it's right on the river.

Emigails Roadhouse

This is a cajun restaurant, and the food is really good if you're a cajun fan. I think the menu is pretty limited outside of that, and it's a pretty small place. They're pretty popular amongst the local crowd, but I think you'd be able to get some seating, especially with the Lakehouse anniversary.

Lakeview

They have a pretty limited bar-style menu, but it's one of my favorite places to relax in the area. They have a beach on their property, and an outdoor bar.

Rosati's

This is a chain pizza place you may be familiar with. Again, it's on the water, so there's some opportunity for some outdoor dining if the weather cooperates. I grab this every now and then, but I swear the building is cursed as far as service goes. I think the building has had 4 different restaurants in 5 years.

El Patron

I think that's the name of it anyway.. It's a Mexican restaurant, and it does about what you'd expect for a family owned Mexican restaurant. I've had better, I've had worse.

I think that would about sum it up. Unfortunately, we don't have a ton of options in the area. I'd normally recommend Lakehouse above all the others for the occasion, but Buckhorn may be your best bet if you'd rather avoid a party-type atmosphere.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Ken

Post by Ken »

DeaconBlooze wrote:Too bad you guys can't make it! I know people have busy schedules this time of year, and me living way out in the sticks doesn't help. Hopefully I'll see you all at expo!
I like where you live. Nice and close to me :)

Just wish I had off work.
PaulyB18

Post by PaulyB18 »

I'll make this one - about time. Bringing all the dollars.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

PaulyB18 wrote:I'll make this one - about time. Bringing all the dollars.
Aww snap... it's on now.... About fucking time....
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Looks like we currently have room for three more to bring us to twenty....
Current Collection
PaulyB18

Post by PaulyB18 »

ralphwiggum wrote:Aww snap... it's on now.... About fucking time....
I can't wait, what I like to hear, gonna get that bump and grind going. #dollars
lg40

Post by lg40 »

DeaconBlooze wrote:A few of my favorites in the area:

Buckhorn Supper Club

A classic supper club, pretty highly regarded. It's a bit pricey, but they make a good drink, and I've enjoyed the food when I've gone.

Lakehouse Inn

Another supper club. This one is out of the original property building set on Lake Koshkonong. It's a pretty cool place, but a little rundown. I don't have any complaints as far as food goes. They're actually celebrating an anniversary of their own this weekend, so it may be busier than normal.

Anchor Inn

This place burned down over the winter, but they've been serving outside while they're rebuilding. It appears that they're nearly done, but I don't know what their limitations are as far as food. They usually have some live entertainment on the weekends, and it's right on the river.

Emigails Roadhouse

This is a cajun restaurant, and the food is really good if you're a cajun fan. I think the menu is pretty limited outside of that, and it's a pretty small place. They're pretty popular amongst the local crowd, but I think you'd be able to get some seating, especially with the Lakehouse anniversary.

Lakeview

They have a pretty limited bar-style menu, but it's one of my favorite places to relax in the area. They have a beach on their property, and an outdoor bar.

Rosati's

This is a chain pizza place you may be familiar with. Again, it's on the water, so there's some opportunity for some outdoor dining if the weather cooperates. I grab this every now and then, but I swear the building is cursed as far as service goes. I think the building has had 4 different restaurants in 5 years.

El Patron

I think that's the name of it anyway.. It's a Mexican restaurant, and it does about what you'd expect for a family owned Mexican restaurant. I've had better, I've had worse.

I think that would about sum it up. Unfortunately, we don't have a ton of options in the area. I'd normally recommend Lakehouse above all the others for the occasion, but Buckhorn may be your best bet if you'd rather avoid a party-type atmosphere.
Thanks for restaurant idea's we will check them out.
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

alyysa and i are out. wedding reception to go to (not happy about it, but that's my life this week)
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Updated List

Hosts
Dave B. + Brian S.
Tim N. + Jason M.
Mark S. + Ian S.
Neo S. + Stephanie
Garrett P. + Brodde
Eric P. + Liz

Subs
Bryon S.
Donovan S.
Katie
Paul B.

We are at 16 and have room for four more participants.
Current Collection
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Thanks for hosting Dave!

Sorry I didn't stick around to give ya'll a chance for revenge one dollar at a time. Liz had to be up for work at 5:30 so we had to jet.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
lg40

Post by lg40 »

Thanks Dave for hosting and for letting use your dolly. KD and I like that you pins from the early 80's to todays pin's. To much fun at this Baller's for Dollars.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Haha! From the posts I'm guessing EP was the big winner?
Methos

Post by Methos »

Thanks to Dave and his family for hosting. Sorry your brother's dog showed us all how he felt, though it was a bit funny. I'd make Paul cut your grass or something.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Main Event

1. Eric P. -22
2. Dave B. -22
3. Neo S. -22
6. Mark S.- 20
6. Ian S.- 20
6. Donovan- 20
6. Paul B.- 18
10. Brian S.- 16