February 18th Ballers Night

ralphwiggum

Re: February 18th Ballers Night

Post by ralphwiggum »

Big thanks to Eric and Liz for opening up their doors for us, always a good time. I am confident the next time we are over there, there wont be a single dmd that isnt full color... Crazy how nice those look.

A lot of close scores this month, pretty crazy, it really was anyone's game to win going into the last round.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

I "fixed" flintstones this morning. I took a spare ColorDMD I just happened to have lying around and put that in instead of the old plasma dmd. Now it doesn't matter if the DMD high voltage is fried. Viva La Flints!

Also, I think the power driver board is what's toasty on fish tales. I think the C1 cap is crapped out. I'm not 100% sure, because it has one of those plastic covers on the end, but it feels "happy to see me" ifyouknowwhatimean
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

yeah, if a cap is giving you the bulge, its time to send it to the farm.

i would skip all the colordmd stuff, and just go straight to the hd stuff ala ironman.... i just stared at its hd glory for 10 minutes.... i forgot there was a pinball machine attached to it. that is seriously impressive work.
Current Collection
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

I thought I saw a 15 mil above me on the list on JY. Huh.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

epthegeek wrote:I thought I saw a 15 mil above me on the list on JY. Huh.
you did.... much like making pinballs, numbers are hard..... i flipped my one and five.... thanks!
Current Collection
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Thanks for hosting, Eric and Liz! Visiting your house reminds me of just how lazy I am, with all my sad monochrome and factory-standard pinball tables.

Can't wait for Spiderman 3D. ;)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

Thanks Eric and Liz, we had a great time as always. That IM is amazing!

Garrett
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Ok,

Enough about Feb. When is March? Who is hosting. I doubt I'll make it unless its on the 11th since all my other weekends are full.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.