February 22nd Discussion

Post Reply
DeaconBlooze
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:19 pm
Location: Edgerton, WI
Contact:

February 22nd Discussion

Post by DeaconBlooze » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:07 am

I find it easier to sort through things in the forum rather than my inbox. Here is the email from Tim discussing the Waun-a-Bowl idea:

I talked with Neo and Steve Tullster (Tully) about the february 22nd league night and wanted to throw it out to the Milwaukee League to see what everyone thought.

Tully sets up/provides games for the WaunaBowl tournament each year in (Waunakee/Madison area). I know a lot of guys that participate in that tournament are also members of this league.

This year, he has offered to open up the games to the Madison League on February 22nd, and he and I discussed having a combined league night with the Milwaukee league night as well (a few of us are actually in both leagues).

The leagues would not be competing against each other during the night, but after leaguew as done for the night, we can certainly have some sort of fun/combined playoffs, or just general get together for the night.


Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this so I could get back to Tully with a response.


I for one love the idea. I'm one of the people in both leagues, so not only does it help me attend both events, but also helps me keep my schedule a little bit more open during that time of the year, which is pretty full with pinball goodness.
Current machines:

IJ :: IMVE :: Avatar :: Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: XM Pro :: BSD :: i500
Ken
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: Johnson Creek, WI
Contact:

Re: February 22nd Discussion

Post by Ken » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:06 am

Bout time to continue this discussion me thinks. I think it's a great idea. Also gives us a host for Feb.
Hilton
Posts: 2788
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:18 pm
Contact:

Re: February 22nd Discussion

Post by Hilton » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:16 am

I love the idea! I think it is a WIN/WIN/WIN/WIN!

Good for both leagues as we get a unique set of games to play on/ Good for those playing in WaunaBowl event as we get practice on games/ Good for Waunabowl as it means more $ for them and incentive for them to continue to support Tully's Pinball events/ Good for a chance to get the games all stress tested and tweaked the week prior to the actual WaunaBowl event!
Ken
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: Johnson Creek, WI
Contact:

Re: February 22nd Discussion

Post by Ken » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:54 am

Here are the details from the Madcity page in case any Twisted flipper members missed it.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=208&p=1685#p1685
jpolfer
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:42 am
Location: MKE
Contact:

Re: February 22nd Discussion

Post by jpolfer » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:15 am

Do we need to start this event earlier than 7PM due to the large number of players?
tullster
Posts: 326
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:55 pm
Contact:

Re: February 22nd Discussion

Post by tullster » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:32 am

jpolfer wrote:Do we need to start this event earlier than 7PM due to the large number of players?

I don't see many Milwaukee guys signing up on the upcoming events thread on the index page. Personally, I don't mind moving the start time to 6. I also understand that it is a long trip for some, so an earlier start might not be a bad idea. I will put "reserved at ? pm" ( or whatever) signs on the machines to let it be known that we will be there.

So I'll suggest starting a head count on this thread and asking if any of those attending would rather start at 6pm. Also, go to the index page and sign in on the upcoming events thread.

I'm also thinking that there's nothing wrong if the Milwaukee guys want to start at 6, and Madison guys start at 7. There will be 7 games there to play, and I'll be there early to be sure the games are working good & the locals are at a safe distance. ;)

See ya'll Saturday!
User avatar
ralphwiggum
Posts: 1529
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:46 pm
Location: Helenville, WI
Contact:

Re: February 22nd Discussion

Post by ralphwiggum » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:18 pm

tullster wrote:
jpolfer wrote:Do we need to start this event earlier than 7PM due to the large number of players?

I don't see many Milwaukee guys signing up on the upcoming events thread on the index page. Personally, I don't mind moving the start time to 6. I also understand that it is a long trip for some, so an earlier start might not be a bad idea. I will put "reserved at ? pm" ( or whatever) signs on the machines to let it be known that we will be there.

So I'll suggest starting a head count on this thread and asking if any of those attending would rather start at 6pm. Also, go to the index page and sign in on the upcoming events thread.

I'm also thinking that there's nothing wrong if the Milwaukee guys want to start at 6, and Madison guys start at 7. There will be 7 games there to play, and I'll be there early to be sure the games are working good & the locals are at a safe distance. ;)

See ya'll Saturday!
I can leave it up to Neo, but I sent out an email to the league, and it sounds like attendance across the board might be on the lower side anyways. Personally, I think a 7pm start time would be fine, but will leave it up to everyone else.
Current Collection
The Simpsons Pinball Party, Indiana Jones, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Ghostbusters
User avatar
ralphwiggum
Posts: 1529
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:46 pm
Location: Helenville, WI
Contact:

Re: February 22nd Discussion

Post by ralphwiggum » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:20 pm

ralphwiggum wrote:
tullster wrote:
jpolfer wrote:Do we need to start this event earlier than 7PM due to the large number of players?

I don't see many Milwaukee guys signing up on the upcoming events thread on the index page. Personally, I don't mind moving the start time to 6. I also understand that it is a long trip for some, so an earlier start might not be a bad idea. I will put "reserved at ? pm" ( or whatever) signs on the machines to let it be known that we will be there.

So I'll suggest starting a head count on this thread and asking if any of those attending would rather start at 6pm. Also, go to the index page and sign in on the upcoming events thread.

I'm also thinking that there's nothing wrong if the Milwaukee guys want to start at 6, and Madison guys start at 7. There will be 7 games there to play, and I'll be there early to be sure the games are working good & the locals are at a safe distance. ;)

See ya'll Saturday!

I can leave it up to Neo, but I sent out an email to the league, and it sounds like attendance across the board might be on the lower side anyways. Personally, I think a 7pm start time would be fine, but will leave it up to everyone else.
Also, the Milwaukee league mostly uses email instead of this board, so there is little activity on this board from them. I would be surprised if half of the league uses this board. They are definitely not as active as the Madison league.
Current Collection
The Simpsons Pinball Party, Indiana Jones, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Ghostbusters
TMFish
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: February 22nd Discussion

Post by TMFish » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:55 pm

I'll be there.

7pm start time is fine.

Tim
Ken
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: Johnson Creek, WI
Contact:

Re: February 22nd Discussion

Post by Ken » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Prefer 7p.
User avatar
jasonm
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:48 am
Location: Waukesha, WI
Contact:

Re: February 22nd Discussion

Post by jasonm » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:48 am

I will be there as well. I'll leave the start time decision up to Tim, since I'm carpooling with him.
roger0043
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:15 pm
Location: Fox Point, WI
Contact:

Re: February 22nd Discussion

Post by roger0043 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:45 pm

I'll be attending. I'll be there by 6 so either start time works for me.

Roger
jpolfer
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:42 am
Location: MKE
Contact:

Re: February 22nd Discussion

Post by jpolfer » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:20 pm

I plan on attending.

Trying to get Matt E to come with me - he's a maybe right now.
Ken
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: Johnson Creek, WI
Contact:

Re: February 22nd Discussion

Post by Ken » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:38 am

Jon, remind Matt that Hilton will be there tonight so he can get his revenge ;)
Post Reply