September 5th/26th league at schwoeglers?

KingPin Games

September 5th/26th league at schwoeglers?

Post by KingPin Games »

I was looking at the calendar and noticed that we do no play in September for some reason (I think it was orginal supposed to be the mad Rollin month). Does anyone want to meet at schwoeglers on either the 5th or the 26th and do a league night there?

If we can get a solid 12 to commit I think we should do it (12 seems to be about what we have the last couple of months).

Please post a definite (I know plans can change) yes or no in this thread so we can figure out it is it worth it.

I would be free either night (obviously).
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Re: September 5th/26th league at schwoeglers?

Post by Hilton »

sounds fun to me, and with the multiple misses for me lately I would love an additional league night!
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Do you know the legalities of having this event in a public place? Do we have to open it to the public?
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

KingPin Games wrote:Do you know the legalities of having this event in a public place? Do we have to open it to the public?

no, we are allowed to have our league anywhere we want. No need to make it open to public just because it is in a public location.

I think first/foremost is that the board would need to quickly vote to approve/deny this.
I think to be fair to all members is would be best to do this on Sept 26th as that provides ample time to plan.

Since we are doing quarterly result submissions to IFPA this would them just fall into our "Fall" event (July, Aug, Sept), and we already have that in the system so we are all set.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

since we already have garret scheduled for october, and jimmy in november, if we did a september league meeting we should also do a december one so that we can fill a full quarter.

with the 5th also being Labor Day Weekend i will change the title of this thread to only represent the 26th of September.

I will contact the board members to see what they feel about this change and then we can move forward from there.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Everyone, the board took a vote and have decided to keep things as originally outlined (with September and December as months off). This is something we will get feedback on for next season, but for 2015 will just stay the course.

Yes, league could certainly happen in any public location that has 4+ machines since that's the minimum required to host a league night. If there were ever a month that we couldn't find a host, could always go to Schwoegler's, Pooley's or Rossi's as they all have enough.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I knew Tim would be afraid of more chances for others to catch up ;)
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

While I don't agree with the boards decision, I will respect it. As a new league we will obviously have some growing pains.

I do enjoy the fact that we do have a place for open discussion, and also that it is a welcome and friendly place.

Thank you for considering the proposal.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell