2015 Season Schedule

Hilton

Re: 2015 Season Schedule

Post by Hilton »

What would everyone say to an early start on Feb 21st?

If we do league earlier in the day then we could all play in the Scwoeglers monthly also (if desired). This would be my preference and honestly I am always prefer to host earlier anyway.
Schwoegler's starts at 6pm and is ~25min from my house.

That means we would likely need to start league at 2:00 on Feb 21st.

Can I elect to make that decision since I am hosting? Would this specifically prevent a bunch of people from doing league in Feb that would otherwise make it?
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

i could make earlier, and i would like to make Scwoeglers also, so this would work for me.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

2pm works for me, and would allow me time to get there just in time to run Schwoeg's as well! I like it!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

OK, since only 4 people have responded in the calendar as attending at this point then I am going to assume it is a safe change.

Official start time 2pm for Feb 21st league. Feel free to come over at 1pm and warm up. League will be over by 5:30 so we have time to head to Schwoeglers.
tullster

Post by tullster »

2pm should be no problem for me either.

I've got April,and haven't posted it on the calendar yet, but it's looking like the 18th is the only Saturday that works for me. I'll have the same Schwoegler's problem on that day too, and might have to start early Afternoon as well. Would this cause an issue with anyone? I'm about 45-60 minutes from Schowogler's so we might have to start at 1pm which is fine by me, but chime in! Could also do Sunday afternoon or AFTER Schwoeglers?!! :twisted:
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I don't want everyone to feel like they need to avoid schwoegler's nights/times when hosting. It is nice for those of us that like to compete in both league and schwoegler's but reality is that with more pinball events on the weekends there will be conflicts.

I personally always prefer league to be earlier rather than later, but that is just personal preference.

I also think each host should be able to pick whaetever works for them for date/time. reality is that we are all fortunate for each host that is willing to do so.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Everyone - let's keep this thread to general schedules (host and date). Please create a new thread specific to the date / time / details once picked for discussion about that day. It'll keep this one from getting too much cross-topic chatter.

Also, PLEASE be sure to accept / decline each MadCity Flippers date on the calendar, as that's where attendance is officially tracked.

Yes - more pinball events will have collisions. I fully expected it to happen, and its no biggie. Whenever hosts can host, that's awesome. If it conflicts with another event, it conflicts. Looking forward to a fun filled 2015!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
MadPinBaller

Post by MadPinBaller »

Looks like Saturday, March 14 for League night with my pin collection at Mary's place.
Details:
5pm - Warm ups 7pm - Tournament
1805 Lewon Dr, off Raymond Rd, Madison

Games: South Park, Dr Dude, Fish Tales, Road Show, Vegas
(Xenon still puttering out, hope to have it going)

Hope to See you there!
MadPinBaller

Pins: Demolition Man, Baywatch, Vegas, South Park, Fish Tales, Xenon, Dr Dude, Contact
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

anyone else thinking about solidifying the specific date you are hosting?

It seems like every year my nice weather months start filling up earlier, so would be great to know league nights as they are "don't miss" ocassions for we if at all possible and I would like to plan around them.

thanks
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

I'm thinking about hosting league on June 27th. Practice starting at 4 and competition at 7. As long as there aren't any glaring conflicts I'll talk to Tim about getting it added to the Calendar.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

My place on Saturday May 9th.

Practice starting at 4pm, League at 6pm. Have Mother's Day plans early the next day so will be good to be able to wrap up a bit earlier for a Saturday night.

Address:
6 Newport Cir
Madison, WI 53719

Only games I know for sure will be there are Tron, TSPP, Shrek, Shadow, STTNG and 4MBC. Where the hell have all my machines gone?

There will also be a Jungle King not used in tourney, a MAME machine that also runs Dragon's Lair and Space Ace for all you video junkies, and with any luck another game by that time. We'll see what shakes out. :)
tullster

Post by tullster »

Good to hear dates are filling up! I'm doing the calendar for the Mad City league and will get things caught up next chance I get.

For sure next week after Waun-a-Tourney :D
Last edited by tullster on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tullster

Post by tullster »

Just noticed that May 9 will be a clash with the Ballers League at Andy's in Muskego.

I've got to work that day and will need to stay local. So May 9 works for me!

WOW, too many Pinball events going on!! :shock:
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

I know - the 9th was absolutely the ONLY weekend in May that worked for me, so I had to schedule it for then. Hope most can make it anyway.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

u2sean wrote:I know - the 9th was absolutely the ONLY weekend in May that worked for me, so I had to schedule it for then. Hope most can make it anyway.

conflicts are almost inevitable (which honestly is a good thing for pinball).

I think hosts should each feel comfortable picking any date/time that works for their schedule. So long as host are providing as much advanced notice as they can, then the rest of us can try to plan around league nights to make them fit.

League is my favorite local event each month, but try as I may, I will not be able to make them all.