Who's going to Pinburg?

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Methos

Who's going to Pinburg?

Post by Methos »

Let's start a role call to see who is going to Pinburg next weekend from WI.

Ian and I will be leaving next Wednesday, it will be our 2nd year. I placed in C last year and Ian placed in B. Neither of us made the playoffs, but we are hoping for a better finish from both of us.
Hilton

Re: Who's going to Pinburg?

Post by Hilton »

good luck guys! I WISH I was going!

Maybe some year in the future. Just such a tough time of year for me.
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

I decided when pinburgh tickets went on sale that I was going to pass this year because it's a lot of money to spend to go lose at a tournament. Now I regret that, because lose or not, it was a fun time. On top of that, it's even bigger this year. *le sigh*
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

I am not going this year (not that I have gone in years past). I have to get out there some year soon! I know for a fact that my brother Ryan is going. I'm pretty sure he won't be checking this thread so am responding for him. :D He's carpooling out there with a few others. I'll let them chime for sure, but think it's Dave D and Tim E and probably one more too that's escaping me at the moment.

Go Team WI!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Methos

Post by Methos »

It is expensive, no doubt about it. But it is a lot of fun. I basically look at it like a mini vacation with a lot of pinball in it.
pfcjimmy

Post by pfcjimmy »

I'll be there.
Flying in late Wed night.
Methos

Post by Methos »

pfcjimmy wrote:I'll be there.
Flying in late Wed night.
Awesome! Is your buddy coming out as well?
pfcjimmy

Post by pfcjimmy »

Still not sure but at this point I am leaning towards him not making it.
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Never trust me when I say I'm not going to a show. Will be at ReplayFX. Not sure if I'll sneak into pinburgh on the in-person wait list or not.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
Methos

Post by Methos »

Great news! Is your better half coming as well?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Methos wrote:Great news! Is your better half coming as well?

I am pretty sure BangerJay will be there.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ken

Post by Ken »

epthegeek wrote:Never trust me when I say I'm not going to a show. Will be at ReplayFX. Not sure if I'll sneak into pinburgh on the in-person wait list or not.
Tried to get my money back as I cannot go. The ticketing agency gave me some bullshit about only being able to refund my money to the account from which it was purchased. That account is closed due to divorce so I'm out the money.
If worst comes to worst just say you are Ken Kulig and voila!! Free tournament entry! They didn't ask for ID last year. Have fun! I'll be back next year.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

good luck to all the WI folks going. Eric, I think you should be Ken this year. Bet they dont even check :)
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Ken wrote:
epthegeek wrote:Never trust me when I say I'm not going to a show. Will be at ReplayFX. Not sure if I'll sneak into pinburgh on the in-person wait list or not.
Tried to get my money back as I cannot go. The ticketing agency gave me some bullshit about only being able to refund my money to the account from which it was purchased. That account is closed due to divorce so I'm out the money.
If worst comes to worst just say you are Ken Kulig and voila!! Free tournament entry! They didn't ask for ID last year. Have fun! I'll be back next year.
While I'm not going to try to pretend to be you (you wouldn't want my showing on your record!) I _will_ see if there's any way to transfer the entry to me since you can't get it refunded. If they'll do that, I'll pay you for the entry. Anything I can do to guarantee a spot in the tourney rather than languishing on the wait list hoping enough people don't show up.
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Drat. Bowen says it's not transferrable. Position gets released to the wait list. Which I'll just have to sit on and hope for enough no-shows.