Hobbit Launch Party - July 16th

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
u2sean

Hobbit Launch Party - July 16th

Post by u2sean »

Madison Pinball is excited to announce that we will be hosting a Hobbit Launch party on Saturday July 16th at Schwoegler's! Yes - this is the same day as regular monthly event but will take place earlier. Qualifying will be fun and casual. Come and hang out in Madison for the day!

JJP. KingPin Games and Madison Pinball will be providing some great prizes! Once we know exactly what they are, I'll update this thread!

In the meantime - here's the Launch Party Details

Where: Schwoegler's (444 Grand Canyon Dr, Madison, WI)

When: Saturday July 16th from 11:30am-~3:30pm qualifying with playoffs immediately following.

Every participant arriving between 11:30pm-3:30pm is provided one free game on Hobbit. If all participants in attendance at any given time have already played their free game, then they are allowed to play additional qualifying attempts ($1 per attempt; Players responsibility to Void any score that is not higher than previous attempt). Priority of play is given to any arriving players that have not yet played their 1st attempt and they will be bumped to the front of the line for all players waiting to play their 2nd+ attempts. Highest score for each player at the end of qualifying is used to determine final seed (top 8 or 50% of total qualifiers, whichever is less will advance to playoffs) or final place (9th - ?). Officials reserve the option to modify qualifying time or playoff structure as needed.

Playoff format:
Qualifiers 1-3-5-7 and 2-4-6-8 will play PAPA style 4-player games/ match play across 6 preselected games with Hobbit as 1 of the games. 4, 3, 2, 1 scoring based on finishing position for each game and combined total used to determine whom advances. Player position on all games for playoff round selected with priority given to higher seed to lower seed. Play position will be maintained for the entire playoff match. When games are open and available for play, each playoff group is required to efficiently play through all games (i.e. multiple games being played simultaneously). Top 2 players from each group advance to finals round. If there is a tie after all games, the player with the higher score on Hobbit in that playoff round advances.

Finals round: the remaining 4 players will play PAPA style 4-player games/ match play across 6 preselected games with Hobbit as the final game. If there is a tie after all games, the player with the higher score on Hobbit in the final playoff round wins.

Prizes: Trophies and prizes provided by Jersey Jack Pinball, KingPin Games, Madison Pinball and Schwoegler's.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Hilton

Re: Hobbit Launch Party - July 16th

Post by Hilton »

can we celebrate my Bday also?

:D
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Hilton wrote:can we celebrate my Bday also?
You bet - Free Hugs! Maybe Kingpin will throw in a few too as prizes. I understand he's a big hugger! :lol:
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Hilton, for your birthday I will let you watch my newborn while the rest of us play pinball. Happy Birthday!
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

No, but thanks for the offer.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Newborn? Congratulations, Kingpin!

Kids fall asleep in cars. I bet if you put the baby on top of a Hobbit machine the vibration of the pops would put the baby to sleep in minutes. :)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

KingPin Games wrote:Hilton, for your birthday I will let you watch my newborn while the rest of us play pinball. Happy Birthday!
:lol:
Allmyfriends77

Post by Allmyfriends77 »

Fantastic! Looking forward to this. Love full days of pinball playing.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

This weekend is the Hobbit Launch Party! Qualifying from 11:30am-3:30pm with playoffs starting promptly thereafter!

We'll have some signed translites, T-Shirts and some other prizes as well.

Jersey Jack Pinball will be represented, as Eric Meunier will be present! He's the Electrical Engineer at JJP, working on both WOZ and of course Hobbit. As you probably know, he's also the brother of WI's very own Kingpin. Stop on out, chat with local players and industry professionals, play a free game of Hobbit and play some pinball!