Ghost Busters Launch Party

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Hilton

Ghost Busters Launch Party

Post by Hilton »

"STERN GhostBusters LAUNCH PARTY

Madison Pinball is ready to get Slimed! Are you?

We have secured one of the first Stern GhostBuster machines to be manufactured and will be hosting a genuine and official launch party!

The launch party tournament will occur on Saturday May 7th at Alt Brew

Launch Party Details

Where: Alt Brew (1806/1808 Wright St, Madison, WI)

When: Saturday May 7th from 11:30am-~4pm qualifying. Playoff immediately follows qualifying.

Tell me more: Every participant arriving between 1pm-6pm is provided one free game on GhostBuster. If all participants in attendance at any given time have already played their free game, then they are allowed to play additional qualifying attempts ($1 per attempt; Players responsibiilty to Void any score that is not higher than previous attempt). Priority of play is given to any arriving players that have not yet played their 1st attempt and they will be bumped to the front of the line for all players waiting to play their 2nd+ attempts. Highest score for each player at the end of qaulifying is used to determine final seed (top 8 or 50% of total qualifiers, whichever is less will advance to playoffs) or final place (9th - ?). Officials reserve the option to modify qualifying time or playoff structure as needed.

Playoff format:

Qualifiers 1-3-5-7 and 2-4-6-8 will play PAPA style 4-player games/ match play across 5 preselected games with Ghostbusters as 1 of the games. 4, 3, 2, 1 scoring based on finishing position for each game and combined total used to determine whom advances. Player postion on all games for playoff round selected with priority given to higher seed to lower seed. Play position will be maintained for the entire playoff match. When games are open and available for play, each playoff group is required to effeciently play through all games (i.e. multiple games being played simultaneously). Top 2 players from each group advance to finals round. If there is a tie after all 5 games, the player with the higher score on GhostBusters in that playoff round advances.

Finals round the remaining 4 players will play PAPA style 4-player games/ match play across 5 preselected games with Ghostbusters as the final game.

Prizes: Trophies and prizes provided by Stern/IFPA as is customary for all official launch parties. Additional prizes provided by Madison Pinball and AltBrew.
"
Last edited by Hilton on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Eric_S

Re: Ghost Busters Launch Party

Post by Eric_S »

Just an FYI - April 23 this is the same date as Tom's tourney in Appleton and I know a lot of the local pinheads are signed up for that.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Doh. Completely forgot about that. Changed to sat MAY 7th
Last edited by Hilton on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Our league night is the 16th. No problem though. Hard hard month to plan everything.
Hoping there will be a GB to try out at MGC
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Doh. Unfortunately our hands are tied for the official launch. It is supposed to be either one of these weekends.

Too much good pinball going on :D
Allmyfriends77

Post by Allmyfriends77 »

How about a Friday night?

Or maybe Alt Brew could have a special event for us on a Sunday. I know they aren't open but maybe an exception?

Or what about starting it at noon on Saturday?
Ken

Post by Ken »

April is crazy for Saturdays.

2nd-Olympics
9th MGC
16th GB release
23rd Tom's
30th League

:o
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Allmyfriends77 wrote:
Or what about starting it at noon on Saturday?
I plan to talk with them this week to see if they will open a little early on the 16th for us so we can start at noon.

If so, then we will do open qualifying from 11/noon till 4pm. Then do playoffs right at 4:10. This will allow the majority of people to make it to Schwoegs if they want and a good chance even the playoff people will be able to make Schwoegs.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:April is crazy for Saturdays.

2nd-Olympics
9th MGC
16th GB release
23rd Tom's
30th League

:o
dont forget

1st Spring Classic playoffs
7th Alt
13th Pooleys
16th Schwoegs

LOL. Never thought we would see so much great pinball in so little time since things have erupted!
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

I really should have waited an extra month to get my wife pregnant. lol... It's going to to be tough for me to make any events in April (due date is Apr. 17) but it's a great thing to have such dilemmas in life as too much pinball :D
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

MikeS wrote:I really should have waited an extra month to get my wife pregnant. lol... It's going to to be tough for me to make any events in April (due date is Apr. 17) but it's a great thing to have such dilemmas in life as too much pinball :D
That is pretty funny Mike. You need to plan the next one better.
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

I can't tonight, honey...it might affect the future of my pinball purchases and tournaments. :D
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Too funny guys! Yeah, I didn't exactly have much say in the matter. It's not like I'm going to say no :lol:
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

great news! Alt Brew is going to open early. GB launch party will start at 11:30am!

Qualifying will run till ~4pm (may cut off slightly earlier depending on turnout).
This means that there is a better chance people will also be able to make it over to Schwoegs for the monthly event at 6pm (sean/garrett may even finagle to start a little late over there?). Worst case you are in the finals for GB and miss the Schwoegs. Consilation is you are not in the finals and have plenty of time to make Schwoegs :)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Looks like Pro shipments are pushed back a couple weeks.

This is from IFPA for launch party info.

"UPDATED – The date Stern is targeting is April 29th-May 1st weekend or later. April 15th and 22nd weekends are no longer an option."

I guess the date needs to shift again.

Thinking Saturday, May 7th.