Madison 2016 City Championships

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Hilton

Re: Madison 2016 City Championships

Post by Hilton »

ralphwiggum wrote:I would also get rid of any championships that were based in a persons house. I think in general, those are bad all around. Anyone that says there isnt a homefield advantage isnt being honest with themselves..... Sure there are other concerns as a host, but the overall comfort level with your own collection, and muscle memory, it is a disservice to any tournament to be hosted at a residence.

I know it is tough to have a public location do something like this, but you could take an event like MRP and move the time back (not saying MRP specifically, just MRP as an example) so that it would be a split event- The City championships and whatever other event would be hosted. That would get you a variety of games and even things out quite a bit.
I dont play my games at home anyway, lol. Rarely, at least. Most of my play happens when play testing route games.

I agree that there is a distinct advantage for hosting in ones home where you are familiar with the games. Unfortunately that is a constraint given the ability and availability of novel games for people to play. Ideally it would be great to have hosts that dont also want to play in competitions but those are few and far between (understandably).

My hope was that this also provides an opportunity for some new people to visit my personal collection and compete. I suppose I could sit out the event (I may) but I enjoy playing also.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

5 months into the seaosn now and still plenty of time for things to shake up and grab a slot in the inaggural MadCity Championships.

http://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/cus ... php?id=175
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Just a reminder that the MadCity season it heating up. Stll plenty of time to grab some points and meet the event quota for those interested in attending the end of year competition.

Worth mention that there may be a some spare room for regualrs that dont qualify to still come to the after party on NYE. Please reach out to me if you or a significant other want to come to the after party (it is on NYE afterall) and have some fun.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

MadCity Championships are just around the bend.

Please check out details on www.madisonpinball.com and email to register if you plan attending the competition and NYE party.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

OK, from what I can tell this idea was a failure. I think there are a total of 6 people committed to attending at this point.

I think that is largely due to things being too restrictive with how to qualify and also on NYE (I thought that would make it fun, but I am often wrong). If you dont try, you dont know...

That said, IF you are wanting to attend then please let me know via email or PM your thoughts.

I am debating just canceling it all together at this stage (sorry but not worth the effort to get things fixed up to host for 6 people), but would like to still do something as I know some people were really looking forward to this.

If we dont get enough wanting to do this then I may just switch to an afternoon/evening event and open it up to others.
moe

Post by moe »

I like idea and was looking forward to it. That being said I was looking forward to it more to try other games than for the tournament. I've found that playing tournaments where it's the first time I've seen a table just stress me out.

Maybe just making it a end of year party open to any of the 'regulars' at the tournaments for however you want to define regulars could be fun. Kind of an open house thing. Try the games, have some beers (maybe ask people to bring a 6 pack of favorite beer or something like that?) and just have fun and not worry about tournament points.

As far as the day, afternoon/early evening on NYE is fine for me but I could see it being a problem for others. Maybe doing it on Friday night starting at 5 or 6? Unwind after the work week with some pinball, beer and friends?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Look what showed up today. Now i just need a wwe or tagteam or wwfrr to use...
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

thought some of you wrastlin nerds would like the belt?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

After some feedback, I have opted to open the registration. No restriction to be able to play/compete.

Please email me if you would like to compete on the 31st. Event will start at noon (arrive at 11am) and hope to be done around 6pm (when the party starts).

Space is limited (my house is only so big).
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Hilton wrote:After some feedback, I have opted to open the registration. No restriction to be able to play/compete.

Please email me if you would like to compete on the 31st. Event will start at noon (arrive at 11am) and hope to be done around 6pm (when the party starts).

Space is limited (my house is only so big).

last chance to mesasage me. Printing out paper work in about an hour and then locking it down.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

ok, all locked down.

see you all on Sat morning. Glad we got a couple more with the open registration.

should be a fun day.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Brodde!
Attachments
IMG_2278.JPG
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

fun times!

thanks to all that made it out! looking forward to next year already.
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

TomGWI wrote:Brodde!

This was the coolest prize yet for a pinball tourney win. Brodde is so psyched about that belt that he has worn it for most of the 24 hours since his win!

Great times Hilton, thanks for hosting.

Go Pack!
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.