2016 Waun-a-Pinball Tourney?!!

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Ken

Re: 2016 Waun-a-Pinball Tourney?!!

Post by Ken »

Thanks Tullster for another great Wauna Pinball!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Event was perfect this year Tully! Fantastic job to you and ALL of the helpers!

The Friday night qualifying was a genius idea and made the whole event perfect for timing. I really like the new playoff format also!

Great job all around!
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Hilton wrote:Event was perfect this year Tully! Fantastic job to you and ALL of the helpers!

The Friday night qualifying was a genius idea and made the whole event perfect for timing. I really like the new playoff format also!

Great job all around!
I'll second that. Awesome job Steve. I can't believe it was the 6th Wauna Tournament. Seems like yesterday when it all started.
Methos

Post by Methos »

Tully puts in a great deal of time in planning, execution, and clean up. And there's a lot of travel involved. I love this tourney as it is the first one we ever participated in. Thanks Tullseter for another great year in the books.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Chateen and I had a ton of fun on Friday! Maybe by next year we'll improve enough to show up on Saturday too. :)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Thanks again to Steve for putting on another great Waunabowl tournament. I think a good time was had by all. Also thanks to Madison Pinball guys that volunteered and Kingpin for brining a Hobbit to play. A fun day of pinball was had by all.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Thanks to Tully, and everyone else that helped out! Like most others in the state, this was my first introduction to competitive pinball. It's still my favorite tournament all year.

So who won?
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

DeaconBlooze wrote:Thanks to Tully, and everyone else that helped out! Like most others in the state, this was my first introduction to competitive pinball. It's still my favorite tournament all year.

So who won?
Chris Frame won I heard

Top 8 I heard was:
1. Chris Frame
2. Buddha
3. Ben Granger
4. Art Dodd
5. Tim Enders
6. Tom Graf
7. Eric Strangeway
8. Brain Luethner
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Tully - I had a great time as always at this! I really liked the 2 nights of qualifying as it made for less congestion on Saturday. I wouldn't have even been able to participate if not for Friday night (even though I stunk it up)! I know how much effort goes into putting it together, and you always do a great job. As Dave mentioned, this tourney was also my first introduction to the pinball community many years ago and it's something I look forward to every year. Your effort doesn't go unnoticed, so thank you!

Also a HUGE thanks to Kingpin for bringing his brand spankin' new Hobbit for everyone to play! That was really awesome! Congrats to the top finishers on the main tourney and the side tourney. Hope to see all of you out and about in 2016, and at MGC!

- Sean
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
tullster

Post by tullster »

Thanks for all the kind comments! I think it turned out good as well and probably had the best time I've ever had at any of them! Special thanks to Hilton for the playoff brackets and all the support. He's also the one to push me into finally playing in my own Tournament, and I was lucky enough to finish second in B Division! Thanks to Garrett for running the side Tournament, And Thanks to Brodde, Ian, Gareth and all the others (It was a blur, and I'll forget someone) who helped score keep. Thanks to the Players too!! :D

Tom's winning line-up is correct. It was an epic battle between Chris and Buddah. As most of you know, both guys can get animated when they play, and they got the attention of folks in the bar area more than once! It was a best of 5 final that went all the way to 5, and was all over about 11:15pm.

B Division was 1st - Mark S, 2nd - Tully, 3rd - Chris F, 4th Rob A.

More Thanks to KingPin for unleashing the Hobbit Pinball on the unsuspecting occupants of the Waun-a-Bowl! It made quite an impression and was very fun to play.

I'll be submitting the results to the IFPA soon.

Thanks again,

Tully
Last edited by tullster on Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Congrats to Mark on the B division win!! Very nice!!
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Thanks Tully and everyone else that helped make Wauna another great success! I liked the new 2 day format and thought everything ran well. Congrats to all the winners and top finishers as well. The competition gets better every year. Thanks also to Kingpin for bringing his personal Hobbit for all to enjoy. Wauna tourney just gets bigger and better every year and I can't wait for next year!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

I had a great time at Wauna. Big thanks to Tully and everyone else who helped make this an awesome event. It was great meeting new people and speaking with others that I have not seen in a while. I also enjoyed being able to play some machines that I had never seen before; sadly beginner's luck wasn't on my side during qualifying Friday night. Grats to all the winners; the competition was pretty fierce. I am looking forward to this event next year.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
Methos

Post by Methos »

tullster wrote: Tom's winning line-up is correct. It was an epic battle between Chris and Buddah. As most of you know, both guys can get animated when they play, and they got the attention of folks in the bar area more than once! It was a best of 5 final that went all the way to 5, and was all over about 11:15pm.
I left around 9 and the foresome were going at it. Can't believe it went another 2 hours!
tullster

Post by tullster »

The results have been submitted to the IFPA and approved. They should be up soon.

The Side Tournament wound up being worth more because there were a few extra games added to the playoffs. Thanks to Hilton for being able to explain it to Josh and getting the participants a few extra points!

Tully