2015 > Best of ALL the Rest

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Hilton

2015 > Best of ALL the Rest

Post by Hilton »

It is offcially on.

WI Best of the Rest to be held immediately following the WI 2015 SCS championship.

Feb 13th 2016 at Schwoeglers.

The general idea is a way to help promote competitive pinball and encourage people to come hang out and watch the SCS and then play in the BotR (Best of the Rest).

The desire is to also provide an opportunity for the top 48 ranked players in WI to have a fun full featured heads up bracket. Base don IFPA rules this tournament has to be open registration >> i.e. first come first served. The hope is that people respect the intent of this event and only take a slot if it gets to them based on IFPA WI SCS 2015 ranking but of course anyone has the option to take a slot as soon as registration opens.

Registration will open at a later date, but I wanted to get the word out now so people can plan accordingly.

I plan to also send out an email blast to the top 50 players in the state once registration opens. If you would like to get on the email blast then shoot me a message with your email address or anyone else that you want on the blast.

Format >> Double Elimination, 48 person bracket, 4 player games with 3 games played per round. PAPA style scoring with top 2 from each group continuing on. $5 entry fee to allow for purchase of trophies and prizes. 100% of entry will go towards trophies/prizes.
Last edited by Hilton on Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomGWI

Re: 2015 > Best of the Rest

Post by TomGWI »

So if we are playing in the SCS, we Can't play in this other tournament?

Sorry, I miss understood. It is for top 48. I am in. :D
Hilton

Re: 2015 > Best of the Rest

Post by Hilton »

TomGWI wrote:So if we are playing in the SCS, we Can't play in this other tournament?

nope. If you are in SCS I am assuming that you will elect to also play in BotR.

Maybe "Best of ALL the Rest" or "Best of the top 48 in WI" would have been a better name :)

Basically 48 positions. Hopefully these will be filled by the top 48 players in WI, #1 all the way to #? (however deep we need to go to fill 48 slots).

IFPA requires that it be open registration, but I am hoping people register based on position on WI SCS rank from 1 down to ?

After SCS bracket gets figured out then I plan to email blast out to top 50 in the state to open registration for BotR, with the hope that we fill all the slots.
Hilton

Re: 2015 > Best of ALL the Rest

Post by Hilton »

registration is open for this in case you had not seen. Please get in soon if you want in.

We are around 36 people now and I may cut it off at less than 48 in order to keep it at even brackets yet full brackets.
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

I can make an announcement at Fox Cities league tomorrow about the tournament.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Eric_S wrote:I can make an announcement at Fox Cities league tomorrow about the tournament.

thanks Eric.

If it does not look like it will fill to 48 by this weekend then i will likely cut it back to a round number. That way I can get brackets made up and prizes ordered.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

OK >> bracket has been officially cut off at 36 players. If you or someone you know would like to be put on the waitlist then email me.

Event will still grade out at 100%

Trophies being ordered for the top 10 finishers.

Based on interest level I dont think we are going to get many more as most are pretty informed of this going on. Still very happy with number registered for the first year trying this.

Thanks to all that are signed up.

I am working to draw up the full bracket and will post when it is ready.

Lots of organizing and logistical stuff to do now ;)
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Thanks for putting this together. Let me know if there is anything that I can help with.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Thanks KingPin!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Here are the Round 1 match ups. 4 player games on 3 preselected games for 1st round. Some rounds will be 3 player games after 1st round.

Round 1 4 Player Games
BoAtR position Name Group
1 David Daluga A
20 Jonathan Zacherman A
10 Rob Stickney A
11 Tyler Spindler A

21 Andy Thompson B
36  Noah Klosinski B
28 Chris Matte B
29 Lewis Miller B

2 Timothy Enders C
19 Jimmy Leingang C
9 Mike Sievert C
12 Brodde Peterson C

3 Ryan Spindler D
18 Brian Leuthner D
8 Paul Okruhlica D
13 Sean Spindler D

22 Sean Hall MI E
35  Heidi Jones E
27 Alec Seocanac E
30 Randy Lambrecht E

4 Eric Strangeway F
17 Christopher Meunier F
7 Ken Kulig F
14 Rob Anderson F

23 chad Buddha kiley G
34  Stanley Gene Kopp G
26 Greg Pitner G
31  Nick Stanton G

5 Tom Graf H
16 Bryon Schmitz H
6 Hilton Jones H
15 Michael Ritter H

24 Lance Green I
33  Steven Kowal I
25 Karl Luhrs I
32  Garrett Peterson I
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

A few asked some questions via email so figured others may have the same questions.

- I split round 1 so the top 20 and bottom 16 are seperately inverse seeded to start the event. The allows us to start a portion of Round 1 BoAtR even if SCS is still wrapping up. Time is the one thing really up in the air for this event since its start time will depend on how the SCS goes and we have not run a heads up event like this in the past. I also made this initial split as I think it is a fair way to start this event for all participants.

-adding more people? Yes, we could still expand back up to 48 people if there is interest from others to play. I have a waitlist and we can add back in for each set of 4 people that want in. In other words if we get an additional set of 4 then I will bump the event to 40 instead of 36.

Games used? Will be same as games used in SCS. Games for each round will be preselected in order to decrease waiting. For example, round 1 will be a shotgun start and first group will be playing on games 1, 2, 3. Second group will be playing on games 2, 3, 4. Etc... I have tried to draw up the bracket and games selected in each round to minimize repeats when possible. Only so many games so after a few rounds you will have some amount of repeating.

Elimination? This is drawn up as a double elimination event. Some rounds are 4 player games were 2 are winners and 2 are losers. At a certain point in the losers bracket when there are 3 player games then there is 1 winner and 2 losers for that round.

Final place? Final positions will be played out for 1-10th place. Beyond that there will be ties for final position based on when you are eliminated. Those positions will not be played out to conclusion out of interest of time. It is possible to lose 1 time (even in round 1) and come all the way back to win it all.

I think that covers the main questions I got at this point.

Tropies are ordered now for top 10 and should be pretty cool. Again I went for something kind of unique and different from what we have seen before. Hopefully they will be enjoyed by those that win them :)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

1 slot currently open as someone backed out.

Hit me up if you want it

thanks
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Hilton wrote:1 slot currently open as someone backed out.

Hit me up if you want it

thanks

spot spoken for. I will update brackets when I am able