WI SCS 2015 discussion

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
TomGWI

Re: WI SCS 2015 discussion

Post by TomGWI »

Hey Hilton,
For best of the rest, how are you doing seeding? Will it be based on your IFPA rank?
Thanks.
Tom.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

TomGWI wrote:Hey Hilton,
For best of the rest, how are you doing seeding? Will it be based on your IFPA rank?
Thanks.
Tom.

the plan is to use WI 2015 SCS rankings as they are now. I have a plan for a slightly modified inverse seed to create the 4 packs. Basically something that mixes it up, but will allow us to get brackets moving on that if SCS starts to run long.

Things may change if we do not get 48 people signed up. I need them to finalize the WI SCS so we can figure out whom is playing in that first, and if people want to do trophies to 16. After that then I plan to get things moving on BotR.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

When are you sending out emails to SCS? Assuming you have to wait for IFPA to finalize all remaining tournament results and get you the information.
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Hilton wrote:
Eric_S wrote:Do you know when the game line up will be finalized? I'd like to do some research and know some of the rules on unfamiliar games, rather than flail away like I usually do.

final line up wont be solidified until probably the day of (route machines are tough to keep running ;) and not sure exactly total # that will fit in back room comfortably)

The majority of the line up is on site already. Assume 1 or 2 may swap out by then and if things work out then 1 or 2 may be added just for the event, but the majority are all there now.)

HS2, SP, AMH, Cyclone, RK, Taxi, goldstrike, BW, STpro, KISS, SWEP1

Good chance Taxi will be out by then and replaced with something new.

I am hoping we can bring in an additional EM and a gottlieb as I would like more diversity in that departments for SCS.

If anyone has a cool and good playing machine they want to offer up to bring over then please message me offline to discuss.
I could probably bring my Gottlieb Melody on Friday to have in the line up. Easy to learn, hard to master. And, it's not shocking people now!
Ken

Post by Ken »

I've still got nervous ticks from that game. ;)

It was fun though.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

TomGWI wrote:When are you sending out emails to SCS? Assuming you have to wait for IFPA to finalize all remaining tournament results and get you the information.

Yup, need to wait on IFPA and I am assuming they will not send me anything until Jan 9 as that is when they lock down everything from the previous year.

I want to get stuff rolling and would like to get working on trophy orders but that really depends on if people want to all chip in to get trophies made for the top 16.

I suppose if you are in the top 16 and want to post here or shoot me a message that you are in for the 2-15 trophies then that is helpfull for planning.

Josh sent me the same image that he uses for 1st place and I was thinking it would be cool to get ones made slightly smaller with 2-16th place. Guessing around $15-20 extra in cost per player but I have not priced it all out just yet.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Any word from the IFPA?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

just got an email from them late last night. Will be sending out stuff to top 50 today after I get off work.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Hilton wrote:just got an email from them late last night. Will be sending out stuff to top 50 today after I get off work.
Thanks Hilton
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

emails have gone out to top 30 at this time. PLEASE confirm asap
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Confirmed. :D
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

waiting on a handful to respond and confirm or relinquish their spot. Please do us all a favor and let me know ASAP so planning and logistical things can continue in the background.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Hilton wrote:waiting on a handful to respond and confirm or relinquish their spot. Please do us all a favor and let me know ASAP so planning and logistical things can continue in the background.
Any out of staters confirm they are playing their respective states? Just curious.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

still waiting on the majority of out of staters.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

WI SCS field has been confirmed. Emails sent to top 16

WI SCS Position
1 David Daluga
2 Timothy Enders
3 Ryan Spindler
4 Eric Strangeway
5 Tom Graf
6 Hilton Jones
7 Ken Kulig