WI SCS 2015 discussion

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Hilton

Re: WI SCS 2015 discussion

Post by Hilton »

also, in case it was missed before >>>
Hilton wrote:of note that http://www.madisonpinball.com on the SCS tab is all pertinent/centralized/official info as it becomes available.
There are tons of social outlets and I dont have the time to keep up with them all and post updates everywhere (though I try). Since the IFPA directs to the webpage, that is always the central spot for all things SCS if there are any changes.

That is where the tentative and final lists of games are updated first as things solidify.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

No problem Hilton. I just wanted everyone to be aware of it.
I always think email works the best to notify everyone but the website is fine.

Just a thought and maybe you thought of this already. Any thought of have one or 2 games ready to go in a corner if a few games go down. That way if one goes down you can swap quickly.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

TomGWI wrote:
Just a thought and maybe you thought of this already. Any thought of have one or 2 games ready to go in a corner if a few games go down. That way if one goes down you can swap quickly.

Yeah, hoping with space and power we will be able to have 14 games in the SCS/ BoAtR and 1-2 waiting in the wings in case they are needed.

Reality is that if we have 14 and a couple go down we should still be plenty good with 12. Games have been holding up good, but inevitably there will be some that fail on SCS :) murphys law...
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

CBW will no longer be an option for SCS.
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Hilton wrote:CBW will no longer be an option for SCS.
Making room for Melody?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Thanks for the offer Eric and as much as I would love another EM in the competition, I think we are all set on total # of games.

CBW will be leaving route (much to the excitement of the local players that all hate it, lol) in a couple days as it is heading west :) It is going to be my brother's second game and I am delivering it to him before SCS as work schedules finally allow for a weekend away for me.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Hilton wrote:Thanks for the offer Eric and as much as I would love another EM in the competition,
Very generous offer Eric. I'm not sure if I'd be more worried to play the owner of said EM or the #4 ranked EM player in the world. ;)

And I know, that you know, that there is no way in hell the host is letting you strong ass Appleton players, including the reigning state champion, bring some home field game to the SCS. :lol:
Hilton wrote: CBW will be leaving route (much to the excitement of the local players that all hate it
An ok game, not a game I'd want to play at an SCS. Overdue to go to the bro too. Nice present!

I don't get to Schwoegler's much more than Tom or Eric, but if you guys scoop up Tyler and head down for some practice, text me and we'll go and swap knowledge. My new schedule gives me 5 days off every other weekend. Same goes for the Madison and Milwaukee crew. Many of which I've talked too already. 8-)

/rant
Ken

Post by Ken »

Some friends took me up on my offer to practice today. It was nice. We made a list of some issues Madison Pinball May or may not be aware of.

Bay watch: SPF rollovers are dim or out.

Getaway: top pop bumper working intermittently/weak. Ball lock releasing two balls about 75% of the time on multi player games.

Road Kings: left pop bumper dead. Gate left of upper rollovers stuck most of the way up.

Taxi: joyride kicking ball into the wireform. Pretty easy to unstick it but might be an issue with tight tilt.

South Park: no play issues but there is currently a ball stuck behind/left of Kenny.

Melody: Not there. :)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

appreciate the feedback Ken.

general reminder: The best and quickest way to get any game issue resolved is to text or call directly to the phone number on the play cards on each game. That allows the person closest to the specific game to get out there ASAP with the right parts

I am on the forums quite often but the other guys not so much :)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I can fix one of the issues ;)

BW > that is known bug with SEGA games from that era with LEDs. They light dimmly upon plunge but post plunge are full lit. It is an odd thing ans as far I know the only solution is to use regular bulbs instead of LEDs.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Ken - thanks for the info on the games. I was out there this morning and took care of all the items you identified (and then some). I'm going to have to get back to Getaway for a more permanent fix for the 2 ball drop at once from the lock release, but I had it adjusted and was working properly for the number of times I triggered it. Will be sure it's resolved completely before SCS!

If you ever find any issues with the games out at Schwoegler's, sending me a text / email / call is definitely the quickest way for me or Garrett to get out there have them taken care of as we're not always looking through forum threads. ;)

Thanks everyone!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
chaos

Post by chaos »

Ken wrote:Maya, why are you listed as unknown on IFPA site for SCS? Prior commitment?
Yeah, I won't be playing in the SCS in any state (not even West Virginia!). Just bad timing this year.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Those of you that follow Madison Pinball on FaceBook likely saw the reveal that GOTprem is soon to be going to Schwoegler's.

I wanted to clarify that this is NOT planned for SCS use at this time but will be a viable backup.

We are still waiting on word that SMVE will arrive in time and fingers crossed that Hobbit is also available in time.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

When will the hall be open for practice next Friday?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

TomGWI wrote:When will the hall be open for practice next Friday?

I am assuming at normal business hours, or just slightly later (depends on when they have the appropriate staff showing up)?

I hope to be over there working on and play testing games most of the day.
Banquent room will be closed and locked down (for normal security reasons) at the end of the night on Friday when Sean, Garrett, or myself are done for the evening (or people are done playing/practicing).

Games will get moved over mainly on Thursday Feb 11 after we all get off work and hall will be open to everyone as we get games set up. Of course, help with moving games (both to the room on Thursday and back to the main concourse on Sat night late) is very appreciated!