WI SCS 2015 discussion

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Ken

Re: WI SCS 2015 discussion

Post by Ken »

Lot of very interesting matchups! Brother vs. Brother might be the most interesting though! Wow!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:Lot of very interesting matchups! Brother vs. Brother might be the most interesting though! Wow!

Well with 3 of them in the top 16 it was bound to happen :)

I am pumped to be playing STX in round 1. We have had some great matchups lately. I am just looking forward to a good time and some great pinballin!
Ken

Post by Ken »

One month to the big day!! What games are we playing? Or what games are we playing for sure and what games are maybes? Any that are there now that we are definitely not playing?
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Yep, this would be good to know for all the players.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

ALL GAMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

I am thankful to Madison Pinball for allowing the event to be hosted at Schwoeglers and to Schwoeglers for allowing us to have use of the banquet room (for a drastically reduced price compared to what they normally charge :) ). Business needs dictate what games come/go between now and Feb 13th and there are things none of us have control over or the ability to share publically. In other words >> ALL GAMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY POINT.

All games currently there (besides S&S) are likely in for SCS. We have no active plans to remove anything in the next month, but games do sometimes break. Broken games get replaced or are just out if not playing well.

Strikes and Spares is DEFINATELY not being used. Everything else in the bar and on the concourse is planned for use.

Any game currently on route at other locations is possibly being used. Again business decisions will dicate some of the ability to use other games or remove them from other locations for SCS.

IM which is currently at Altbrew and CBW which is at Pooley's are both high (i.e. hopeful/likely to be used) on the list for possible use in SCS.
Other games at Altbrew would be next on the immediate list as they are all freshly shopped and playing well (these include JM, DM, Atlantis, and Jbot). I personally think Jbot is the best competitive game of all of those.

SMVE is on order but we have no control on if/when it arrives. If it arrives with ample time to have it set up and route ready then it will be used.

Other games will depend on what is running well or what is shopped and ready for route. I personally think we need another Gottlieb solid state and a good working EM, but there are power/ space restrictions with the banquet room so I am not sure if we have the ability to bring in anything else. Some of that may get decided on Thursday Feb 11th after we get the banquet room set up.

hope that helps
Last edited by Hilton on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Worth mention that all games will have tilts tightened, outlanes opened, EBs turned off, Ball saver reduced or off. Standard fair for competitive play sort of things.

I follow the PAPA style of trying to set up games and try to make a finely tuned game that does not overly favor the heavy nudger or perfect aimer one way or the other. A balanced skill set is the goal when tweaking games.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

of note that www.madisonpinball.com on the SCS tab is all pertinent/centralized/official info as it becomes available.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

additional trophies have been ordered for those that elected to get them.

Thanks for your timely reply everyone so I could get them ordered. I hope you are happy with them. I will keep them a surprise until the awards ceremony but I think many of you will dig what I selected. Classy yet fun! Will look good on any mantle :)

There was a request from 1 person that they would like to have a side pool of cash. I do not plan to organize anything additional cash wise but feel free to do that yourselves if you want to.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Maya, why are you listed as unknown on IFPA site for SCS? Prior commitment?
reldnips

Post by reldnips »

Thanks for the machine list update. I know it's tough to have a perfect list with machines possibly going down, no fun I'm sure. just wanting to make sure there is a known intended to be there list and known backups, so there are no wtf surprises or drama when it comes to the big day
Harlem Globetrotters, Blackout, Joker Poker
Ken

Post by Ken »

reldnips wrote:Thanks for the machine list update. I know it's tough to have a perfect list with machines possibly going down, no fun I'm sure. just wanting to make sure there is a known intended to be there list and known backups, so there are no wtf surprises or drama when it comes to the big day

Drama? At the SCS? :lol:
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Already got shipping notice for the additional trophies! Way quicker than they said.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

From the Madison Pinball website:

"All the games currently at Schwoegler's are intended to be used for SCS. (Strikes and Spares will not be used as it is a novelty game)
IronMan (currently at AltBrew) and Cue Ball Wizard (currently at Pooleys) are possible/likely additional games to be brought over for SCS. Additionally, BK2K is a possible addition which will be heading to Schwoegler's soon.
Any other game currently on route in Madison is fair game for possible use in the event that replacements are needed at Schwoegler's prior to the event.
Spiderman vault is on order and if it arrives and is route ready prior to the event it wil be used.
The Hobbit may be available for use in the SCS (thanks to KingPin Games) and if it is ready in time it will be used also."

So is BK2K being added to Schwoegler's? Is anything leaving?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thanks Tom!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Nothing is leaving till after SCS. (unless something breaks between now and then)

We have arranged that we can take up a little extra room in the interim as they understand the importance placed on the SCS by players and are being very accomodating.

BK2K will ONLY be an option for SCS IF is is holding up well and tough enough to not be super long games. Also will ONLY be an option if it is actually out there in time as Garrett is currently working on it to get it route ready. Normally all of these things are business decisions and not shared till games go out, but since Madison Pinball is providing the games for SCS we are trying to do everything we can to go above and beyond to keep people informed in advance. By providing this info it also means more things are up in the air as we are laying all the possible cards out for you to see so you can research and prep. I want the best playing games we have available and the best/ smoothest running event we can host. Much of the final game selection will happen in the final days and after we get things moved/situated in the banquet room (power and space are constraints that can not be dealt with until we actually get things set up)

Please prepare yourself for a VERY busy day at the bowling alley. They have a HUGE bowling event happening that whole weekend and we are just thankful that they are letting us take over the banquet room so we can still host the SCS. Games will break, things will go wrong; that is pinball (especially route pinball :) )!

side note: when new games go out on route the first few months is usually lots of issues as the bugs and gremlins get worked out so hard to say if any new game coming in will actually be used or not. 'keeping pinball machines running is hard"