Pinburgh 2015

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Ken

Re: Pinburgh 2015

Post by Ken »

Typical choke at the end. 3 points in last round. Now I wait.....
Thanks to the whole WI crew who tried to pump me up as I melted down. You guys are the BEST!!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Whew!! Qualified for B with a first round bye.

Also got some earplugs from Greg! ;)
Methos

Post by Methos »

Back home, this was so much fun, it's hard to really discribe how great it was. Hanging out, playing with the best in the world, going and giving your fellow WI and IL teammates positive vibes, plus going out to dinner, it was a blast. We are doing it next year and hope that more WI folks can come on out. Out of all the pinball events I have been to, this one was the best. I'll get some more photos posted tomorrow - was so much fun.

All did well and gave it their best, Big props to Tim for making A division and Ken for making it to the playoffs. If you can make one event after MGC and Expo, this is the one.
Ken

Post by Ken »

What Mark said. ;)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

what place did everyone end up?

Ken> did you make it into the money?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Not sure where I ended up but they paid me tree fiddy to play pinball this weekend. Never would have imagined...
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:Not sure where I ended up but they paid me tree fiddy to play pinball this weekend. Never would have imagined...

That is AWESOME!!!

$350 playing pinball. WOW! kick ass Ken!
Methos

Post by Methos »

Ken wrote:Not sure where I ended up but they paid me tree fiddy to play pinball this weekend. Never would have imagined...
That is so cool. That should have paid for your entire trip, if you didn't order those "pinball juices" at 7.50 per pop. :)
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Methos wrote:
That is so cool. That should have paid for your entire trip, if you didn't order those "pinball juices" at 7.50 per pop. :)
Are you high mark? The Pinburgh entry was $105, and show entry was another $100 or so, plus shared gas, tolls, hotels, and food.

Note: Not to say that it isn't awesome that Ken made it into the money -- it is. It's just not covering expenses.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

So who has the other pictures of the WI group where, hopefully, i'm not mostly invisible?
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

epthegeek wrote:So who has the other pictures of the WI group where, hopefully, i'm not mostly invisible?

souless gingers dont show up in most photos from what I have seen ;)

Sounds like you all had a really good time. Hope I can make it some year in the future.
Ken

Post by Ken »

It was GREAT to win money. My first thought was, entry paid, weekend pass paid, gas and tolls paid. Then I started to party hard and thought, I already planned to spend all that anyway so I bought a round for my friends at Tonic. Felt good to share with those who made my trip more enjoyable!
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Sounds like it was a blast! This is the one other event I'd like to get on my calendar, but it falls at a pretty rough time for me. Great job representing Wisconsin, all!
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

What a great trip! The best pinball event I have been to. I was so glad that so many great pinball friends were there. Thanks so much for the support from afar guys and the great comments. Hopefully, all of you can make it next year.
Thanks to Ken for the beer. I drank Yuengling, the local Pennsylvania draft, which I have had many times before and it was awesome!
Our van ride with Neo could not have been better. Honestly, my side was hurting we were laughing so hard. I cannot believe the Incredible Hulk, Dumb and Dumber, and Chris Farley could be such a large part. :D
We will have to house sit more often...ah, Ya!!!! LOL LOL LOL
Tom G was just killing me...
Ken

Post by Ken »

Tom AND Tim were hilarious ALL weekend!! Never has a 10 hour car ride been so enjoyable!! Someone should have snapped a pic of Tom and I filling up gallon jugs from the drinking fountain for 10 minutes!!
Neo 's crazy driving also made for some great reactions from Tom.
Even after being up for 34 hours, tired as hell, I still lost it when Neo's suspension dipped my chicken tender into the sauce 3 times for me!
And although our setup in the van was PERFECT, the only drawback is we wouldn't be able to add more people to enjoy it with. We REALLY need to investigate affordable options for expanding to a small shuttle type bus or something. Could you imagine if it was all of us?

STAY ON TARGET!!