KISS Launch Party - Madison

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
u2sean

KISS Launch Party - Madison

Post by u2sean »

STERN KISS LAUNCH PARTY
Madison Pinball is ready to Rock and Roll...All Night!! And PARTY every day! Are you? (oh - we know you were secretly singing along while reading that)

We have secured one of the first KISS pro machines to be manufactured and will be hosting an official Stern launch party!

The launch party tournament will run concurrently with our monthly event at Schwoegler's (Monthly event has been modified for June and is now a full blown competition).

Launch Party Details

Where: Schwoeglers (444 Grand Canyon Drive Madison WI 53719) We will have our own space for this launch party !!!!IN THE PARTY ROOM!!! not on the main concourse.

When: Saturday June 20th 11am-~4pm qualifying. Playoff immediately follows qualifying.

Tell me more: Every participant arriving between 11am-4pm is provided one free game on KISS. If all participants in attendance at any given time have already played their free game, then they are allowed to play additional qualifying attempts on KISS ($1 per attempt; Players responsibility to Void any score that is not higher than previous attempt). Priority of play is given to any arriving players that have not yet played their 1st attempt and they will be bumped to the front of the line for all players waiting to play their 2nd+ attempts. Highest score for each player at the end of qaulifying is used to determine final seed (top 8) or final place (9th - ?). Officials reserve the option to modify qualifying time as needed.

Top 8 scores will qualify for playoff.

1-3-5-7 and 2-4-6-8 seeds will play 3 games each of knockout on KISS (i.e. a 4 player game and lowest score knocked out each round), leaving 1 remaining player from each original 4 pack. These 2 players will compete in a final best 2 out of 3 playoff to crown the champion. Players knocked out earlier will tie for final place based on knock out position (i.e. first 2 players knocked out will tie for 7th).

Prizes: Trophies and prizes provided by Stern/IFPA as is customary for all official launch parties. Additional prizes provided by Madison Pinball and Schwoeglers.

Raffle: Every player will be provided a raffle ticket and door prizes will be drawn throughout the day. Must be present to win.

*Scorekeepers/Officials are allowed 1 play through all machines prior to the official event start at 11am. If you would like to help scorekeep please contact hmjones3@gmail.com prior to the event. Help is always appreciated.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Hilton

Re: KISS Launch Party - Madison

Post by Hilton »

Worth mention that my buddies, Gene and Mark, are not availabel to help out so if anyone can come early to lend a hand with leveling games once moved to the party room and also with scorekeeping throughout the day then it would be greatly appreciated.

There are perks for helping out like the ability to play through all the games once prior to official start, some cool pinball stuff, and Sean will be your best friend for the day :)

Seriously could use some help so please let me know if you can lend a hand. It would be greatly appreciated and we will take care of you.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Hilton wrote:There are perks for helping out like...and Sean will be your best friend for the day
Woah. Wait. Wha?!? I don't know if that's a perk or not?!? :shock:

If anyone would like to join in the fun of helping to run the tourney, please drop either of us a PM! Like Hilton said, moving/leveling games, confirming scores, general tourney stuff. It's very straight forward, and of course always fun! Plus you get to qualify early for helping out., and we will be sure to throw some stuff your way as well.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

so does the regular schwoegler's event start at 6pm then or will it be like the WWE launch where we just play all day?
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

KingPin Games wrote:so does the regular schwoegler's event start at 6pm then or will it be like the WWE launch where we just play all day?

The day will run like the WWE one.

Kiss Launch party starts at 11 and playoffs at 4ish

Expanded monthly starts at 11 and playoffs at 5ish

We are debating limiting total qualifying attempts (similar to Waunabowl style) but reality is you will need to be there earlier in the day no matter what in order to make it through all games if we get a turnout similar to the WWE launch.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

okay. i do not know if i will be able to make this. i usually work saturdays until 5pm.

i will work on some things when i get back next week and try to get a more defined answer
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

bummer Chris. I hope you can fugure something out to make it work.
Methos

Post by Methos »

Not sure we'll be able to make this one- going through a "need to spend as much time with my kids while they're young" phase and I'm in Chicago on Friday.

Will have to wait and see although can't let Ian know.
Methos

Post by Methos »

Plans have changed.

If we show up at 3 or so - is that too late?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Methos wrote:Plans have changed.

3pm and you will for sure get to play in Kiss launch event as we keep qualifying open till ~4 and first time players jump to the front of the line.

For the 'expanded monthly' I am guessing it is likely you will not be able to make it through 8 games of qualifying by the 5pm qualifying window cutoff? You can still play in it but not sure if you will be able to get a game on each machine? It is hard to predict since we don't have any real idea on how many people will be in attendance. If only 25 people show up then you could likely get through all games. If 50 people are there and all playing then likely not.

My best guess at this time is due to being summer there will be fewer people at this launch than the WWE. Just a guess...
Methos

Post by Methos »

Methos wrote:Plans have changed.

Got my plans all mixed up. Will be out of town that weekend. Thought it was this Saturday - Jimmy set me straight yesterday. Did get to play KISS yesterday - so least we got our fix in. :)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

bummed you cant make it but glad you got to play some Kiss. I am really looking forward to playing your prem after getting some time on the pro.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

https://www.facebook.com/events/698779180234076/

please hit up FB with your status if you plan to attend. It is great to have a general idea of numbers
Ken

Post by Ken »

Based on feedback have you decided if qualifying attempts for the monthly will be limited?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:Based on feedback have you decided if qualifying attempts for the monthly will be limited?

At this time we are playing that the expanded monthly will be a format of 12 attempts (one time through 8 games and the 4 re-tries to use as you like).

This format will allow us to adjust for fewer people but still accomodate if lots show up.

Based on the WWE launch the average number of games played appeared to be ~14 in total so this is a reasonable limit but still means people will need to arrive early and start play at 11am if they plan to get through all games and use all 4 retries.

If only 30 people show up then it will be easy enough to expand the # of retries or make it unlimited.

Worth mention that we plan to put people into 3 or 4 packs as they arrive and have them play through all 8 games being used in the expanded as a group. This will allow a little relief on the scorekeeping duties since we have not be able to get many voulenteers and people can then write down scores as a group and QC each other. After you make it through all 8 games then you will be able to use your 4 retires (or more if time allows) as single player games.