KISS Launch Party - Madison

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
NoahK

Re: KISS Launch Party - Madison

Post by NoahK »

Thanks to Hilton, Sean, and everyone else that helped out in making this a fun event. I had a great time. It was fun meeting more people in the community and playing games with everyone. Also was nice having the beer brought to us, saving valuable seconds that could be spent on getting one more game in :) . I am going to have to get some more games in on KISS before the next monthly.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Hilton wrote:
TomGWI wrote:Did Kiss have the 1.0 code? Sounds like on pinside that the MN launch party had 1.0.

Tom, what did you think of KISS? You still getting one? pro or LE?

I thought it was a good game but my ball times were low. The shots seem tight but I was starting to get them down the more I play. Once They get the code I think it will be a tournament players game. The right lock target was a tough shot as well as the star child area. Code will make or break the game similar to Mustang. I think it will be good in the end.

I have been debating LE or pro. I have a deposit down on a LE but am unsure. May just go the pro route like I did on TWD. Still undecided.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I am not sure if the LE will be worth the markup (like most Sterns IMO) but I do think the LE for KISS wil retain its value better than many.

I think the LE also seems to have a better ability to hit in the starchild gooch as I think the levitating ball trick ends up dropping in the hole?

Either way I am very excited to see and play the prem/le. Mark S is getting a Prem so I know there will be one local. I assume ChrisS is also getitng a prem/le?
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

Oh, man...we have to start being really nice to Mark now? :D
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Hilton wrote:I am not sure if the LE will be worth the markup (like most Sterns IMO) but I do think the LE for KISS wil retain its value better than many.

I think the LE also seems to have a better ability to hit in the starchild gooch as I think the levitating ball trick ends up dropping in the hole?

Either way I am very excited to see and play the prem/le. Mark S is getting a Prem so I know there will be one local. I assume ChrisS is also getitng a prem/le?
Th only thing I don't like about the pro is the lack of a ball lock for demon Multiball. Sometimes that return shoots SDTM and seemed inconsistent but it is what it is. I think the ball lock should be standard like Transformers.

The levitating ball trick doesn't do a lot for me. I think it will just start the MB but who knows. If it was similar to BSD where it interacts with the playfield I think everyone would want it.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

TomGWI wrote: The only thing I don't like about the pro is the lack of a ball lock for demon Multiball. Sometimes that return shoots SDTM and seemed inconsistent but it is what it is. I think the ball lock should be standard like Transformers.
Tom, I think that lock return really depends on how the game is setup. I don't think it was perfectly level when you played it after it was moved in the tourney room. When it was setup in the main bowlers area it never sent it SDTM in the 25 or so plays I put on it both before and after the tourney. I played 2 games on it where you played it in that tourney room and had 50% of the balls go SDTM on me!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

MikeS wrote:
TomGWI wrote: The only thing I don't like about the pro is the lack of a ball lock for demon Multiball. Sometimes that return shoots SDTM and seemed inconsistent but it is what it is. I think the ball lock should be standard like Transformers.
Tom, I think that lock return really depends on how the game is setup. I don't think it was perfectly level when you played it after it was moved in the tourney room. When it was setup in the main bowlers area it never sent it SDTM in the 25 or so plays I put on it both before and after the tourney. I played 2 games on it where you played it in that tourney room and had 50% of the balls go SDTM on me!

Makes sense. It got moved after the launch party before I got most of my plays on it. :mrgreen:
Methos

Post by Methos »

Tim E wrote:Oh, man...we have to start being really nice to Mark now? :D
No reason to start just because of KISS. :D

Soon as we get a date on when it's going to arrive, we'll be holding an "KISS NIB Party"...Ian's been pestering me every day.

I do think the LE's will hold their value because of the KISS army, but I couldn't justify the price. I would have liked to get the German logo, I have a few of the German albums so would have been cool, but I don't think that's an option at this point. Glad to see the Launch Party went well.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

you and Ian were missed!
Methos

Post by Methos »

Hilton wrote:you and Ian were missed!
He was bummed. We were camping in the Dells. Lots of redemption games, no pinballs.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Methos wrote:
Hilton wrote:you and Ian were missed!
He was bummed. We were camping in the Dells. Lots of redemption games, no pinballs.
... and you didn't come over by me? should i be upset about that? i'm not, i understand

:cry:
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games