Wauna 2015

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Hilton

Re: Wauna 2015

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:Looks like Tom, Hilton, Mike, and Tim will not be able to qualify in B division this year. Wild!

Only fair given that we are all getting better. Unless you are planning to not play/do well in a single event between now and Wauna, you to will be joining the WI top 500 club by the time Wauna rolls around Ken.

I think Tully made A bracket 16 deep this year because in general we are all getting better and playing in more events and have moved up the IFPA/WPPR ranks. Given the growing population of us all improving, I am hoping a good chunk of the top 16 is made up of WI guys.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Planning in making Pooley's and league. Not sure if that will be enough to make 500. Guess we will see. Glad to see our crew moving up the ranks. It's very fun to be a part of.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Don't forget SCS Ken. Lots of points at stake for that. I think you can do it!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote: Glad to see our crew moving up the ranks. It's very fun to be a part of.

I agree. It could not be better company and really cool that we have this sub competitive community inside the sub Wi community inside the pinball community. I think it either makes us super cool or super dorks or both ;)
tullster

Post by tullster »

I'm amazed things have taken off as they have! I think there were 35 participants at the first Waun-a-Tourney 5 years ago. Now we've got our cap at 50 and a pretty decent waiting list that continues to grow. I'm/we're going to have to figure out a way to cope with the expanded interest. Probably can't do anything this year, but will have to think of something for 2016 for sure.

Add to it the success of Mad Rollin' , The leagues and monthly's at Pooley's & Schwoeglers, and there's a LOT of interest in Pinball! And don't forget that the MGC grows every year too!

I've started getting Waun-a-Pinballs ready and doing all the prep stuff that's involved. Hopefully things will go smoothly and a great time will be had by all.

See ya'll soon,
Tully
Ken

Post by Ken »

MikeS wrote:Don't forget SCS Ken. Lots of points at stake for that. I think you can do it!

Tired brain was thinking Wauna was first. Doh!
tullster

Post by tullster »

I've updated the website with a few tweaks and a partial game list.

http://www.waunapinballtourney.com/index.html

6 games in the main room. 5 will be used for qualifying, and the 6th will be added for the playoffs. The Mini Tourneys will be in the side room behind lanes 1 & 2.

Games are Subject to change of course, but it looks like... Big Buck Hunter - Black Rose - Fish Tales - Mustang - Road Show - DE Star Wars.

I've updated the LOTR software so it can now be set on one ball, so LOTR will be the one ball game. Cyclone will be the Classics two-chance game.

The Raffle prizes are arriving from our fine sponsors and I'm stuffing envelopes and doing all the other "gettin' ready" stuff.

Thanks!
Tully
Last edited by tullster on Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thanks for the update Tully. Nice to get an idea of what we'll be playing. I'm sure Dru will be happy BBH is back! :D
TheDru

Post by TheDru »

Tourney getting closer AND BBH!?!
Think I just peed a little bit.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

TheDru wrote:Tourney getting closer AND BBH!?!
Think I just peed a little bit.
:lol:
tullster

Post by tullster »

Dru, if there's a puddle in front of BBH, you're mopping it up!! :x

I've updated the website again, and we're going to use as the 6th Game a Data East Star Wars with the new version 1.04 code! Also, Cyclone will be the Two chance classics game (thanks Garrett!).

The raffle prizes are arriving from our fine sponsors too! :D

I was made aware that the Tourney wasn't up on the IFPA website. Well, it was, but they took it off while I revised the description and added the Classics Tourney info. I checked with Josh tonight, and they're launching a new website next week! Anyhow, we're good to go, and all the information will be up on the new website and official.

Tully
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Looking forward to some WuanaAPinball :D
tullster

Post by tullster »

Let the Games begin!! :D

Set up Black Rose, Mustang, Fish Tales Star Wars & Road Show Today!! We didn't have time to level perfectly & tweak, but they're close enough for now. I'll be dropping in a lot this next week to be sure they're running great, and will have an "issues" sheet for people to write down any large or small problems.

Cyclone should be there Saturday (Thanks Garrett & the Madison pinball Guys!!) and join Lord of the Rings in the side room. Big Buck Hunter will be set up with the others in the main room.

Lots of Pinball to play on location!! See you all out there!!

Tully
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

anyone want to meet up tonight or monday night?
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
tullster

Post by tullster »

Give me a call if you guys are there, and if I can stop down, I will.

Stopped by this afternoon and did some fixing & adjusting. It doesn't matter how much you go over things, something will happen when you move them!!

- Set up Cyclone with Garrett. It's in the main room, but will trade places with BBH later in the week. I'll be going over both BBH & LOTR early next week getting them ready.
- Road Show... Changed the display and adjusted Ted's Jaw ball sensor (insert joke here).
- Star Wars... Adjusted the left outlane and ball trough switches.

There's a "Problems" notepad there, so write down any issues on it.

Thanks for stopping down, and see you all soon!!

Tully