Schwoegler's Monthly Tournament

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Ken

Re: Schwoegler's Monthly Tournament

Post by Ken »

Schwoegler's was awesome last night! A huge thanks to Sean for running such a smooth event! Thanks to Ryan too for helping with score entry! And congrats to Tom on his warmup for nationals. :)
Lots of people from MKE which was nice to see!
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Thanks to everyone who turned out for the Schwoegler's monthly! It seemed like ball hangs were at an all time high, and of course some other strange behaviors on occasion, but as Kingpin says "that's pinball". We officially had 27 participants playing, with at least 5 of them being brand new! Combine that with 8 games for qualifying and it was hectic but fun night. With the larger bank of games, we may decide to tweak the format going forward to keep things moving along.

Congrats to our top four finishers: Tom Graf, Bryon Schmitz, Ryan Spindler and Ken Kulig! If I seemed scattered, it's probably because I was. :D Wish I could have chatted with a few of you more - hopefully next time! Big thanks to Ryan for helping with score entry! It wouldn't have gone as quickly without the help!

Some of the game issues have already been resolved on SP, Taxi and RG. Thanks for the reminder of the Taxi flippers, Kingpin. We will address those as soon as the Spring Classic is over to ensure that everyone plays on a similar game. Hope to see many of you out at MGC, Pooley's and Schwoegler's in the coming months!

- Sean
Last edited by u2sean on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Allmyfriends77

Post by Allmyfriends77 »

I can't believe it has been a week already. Yes, Schwoeglers was a great time. We had a really good turnout. Ran smoothly I thought. Great seeing everyone from out of town.

My first showdown for first place and I couldn't of asked for a better competitor. Tom G. was a tough challenge. He was the bonus King on WWE. He owned it that night. It was a pleasure watching and playing against the champion. That was fun. Can't wait for next month.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Just a reminder for the upcoming monthly tourney this Saturday, April 18th starting at 6pm at Schwoegler's (444 Grand Canyon Drive in Madison). We will be playing across 8 machines:

TWD, Baywatch, Getaway, DE Simpsons, South Park, AC/DC, Space Jam and Cyclone

Stop on out early to practice. There is no cost to enter, just coin drop to play. ALL ages and skill levels are welcome to participate! I expect it'll move along just as quickly as before. As always, prizes for the top finishers in each of the top 4 brackets courtesy of Schwoegler's! Thanks everyone, we look forward to seeing you out there!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

A big thanks to everyone who participated in and helped out with the monthly tournament last night! Due to unforeseen circumstances, we needed to make a last minute MOVE into the banquet room. This meant moving 8 games to the other side of the alley, and then making sure everything was as level as possible in under 40 minutes! There were a number of people that graciously offered to help, and we all appreciated it! The games are all again back in their former location.

The top four finishers were the three kids (Brodde, Gareth and Ian) and Hilton. That's right - the younger generation ruled the roost last night! Brodde finished in 1st, Ian in 2nd, Gareth in 3rd and Hilton in 4th. Thanks again to everyone who helped with moving, keeping score and of course participating! It always amazes me at how helpful and understanding everyone is - what a great community. I look forward to seeing everyone out and about in the coming months!
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

u2sean wrote:A big thanks to everyone who participated in and helped out with the monthly tournament last night! Due to unforeseen circumstances, we needed to make a last minute MOVE into the banquet room. This meant moving 8 games to the other side of the alley, and then making sure everything was as level as possible in under 40 minutes! There were a number of people that graciously offered to help, and we all appreciated it! The games are all again back in their former location.

The top four finishers were the three kids (Brodde, Gareth and Ian) and Hilton. That's right - the younger generation ruled the roost last night! Brodde finished in 1st, Ian in 2nd, Gareth in 3rd and Hilton in 4th. Thanks again to everyone who helped with moving, keeping score and of course participating! It always amazes me at how helpful and understanding everyone is - what a great community. I look forward to seeing everyone out and about in the coming months!
That's great. Congrats to Brodde.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Very cool!! Congrats to the kids!
TheDru

Post by TheDru »

You said 3 kids but listed 4.

Weird night to be sure. But the Pinball Commission was on top of it and handled it with extreme speed and efficiency, as usual.
I, for one, loved being in the banquet room. Room to move around and set your drink down.
Thanks for hosting Sean. Not sure if I'm playing like I want going into the NE.WI.PT, but I sure had a good time.
Methos

Post by Methos »

I liked the side room as well, but there was alot of sights to be seen outside. :)

Congrats to the top 4 finishers, and Sean for making this run very smoothly. This was our 2nd in a row and is a lot of fun.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

DATE CHANGE for May monthly!! Please spread the word to those who may not always read the online posts.

The monthly tournament out at Schwoegler's will be taking place on May 23rd instead of the normal 3rd Saturday of the month. Things will be back to normal again the following months. Yes - this is Memorial Day weekend. What better way to top of a Saturday night than playing a little pinball? Have friends or family in town - bring em' along! Thanks, everyone!
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Hey everyone, just a reminder that the monthly tournament out at Schwoegler's is THIS coming Saturday, May 23rd. Starts at 6pm! Come on over early to practice and grab a beer (or food if you haven't already filled up on brats and burgers)! Have relatives in town?? No problem - bring em' along! All ages and skill levels are welcome! Looking forward to a fun time as always - hope to see you out there!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Don't see anything on the calendar. I'm guessing the monthly is this Saturday?
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

Epic battle to the Nth degree last night with Ken. It was tied 7-7 going into our final match. I picked Taxi which happened to be in the middle of Schwags Karaoke night. The place was pretty packed and the crowd was probably wondering how these two guys were getting so much into a pinball match in the middle of their singing. :shock: It was nearly tied at 1 Mil going into our last ball. I hit the Jackpot and was able to put up over 8 Mil to win the night at 8-7 since we went for the marathon match.
Thanks again, Ken, for the awesome battle and time. Thank God for those tacos and Mountain Dew for a break. :D
Ken

Post by Ken »

Couldn't have said it better myself. It truly was an EPIC playoff. Didn't get home til after 1A and couldn't fall asleep til past 2 thanks to the Mt. Dew. :lol:

And I couldn't have lost to a nicer guy. Even though that VERY LAST ball sealed my fate, it was great watching Tim get two multiballs and collect the jackpot in one ball.

One other cool fact about the night was that Tim and I both played 25 games including qualifying. And we played ALL 25 head to head. Playing with you guys really brings me up!

Congrats as well to Ryan! After Baywatch the scores he put up were insane! Luckily he told me about Deuce on KISS and I was able to squeak by him in the playoffs.

Thanks to our gracious hosts in Madison Pinball and the crew at Schwoeglers too! GREAT TIME!
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Tim E wrote:Epic battle to the Nth degree last night with Ken. It was tied 7-7 going into our final match. I picked Taxi which happened to be in the middle of Schwags Karaoke night. The place was pretty packed and the crowd was probably wondering how these two guys were getting so much into a pinball match in the middle of their singing. :shock: It was nearly tied at 1 Mil going into our last ball. I hit the Jackpot and was able to put up over 8 Mil to win the night at 8-7 since we went for the marathon match.
Thanks again, Ken, for the awesome battle and time. Thank God for those tacos and Mountain Dew for a break. :D
Sounds hilarious. Hopefully there wasn't too much bad singing causing bad play