Schwoegler's Monthly Tournament

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Hilton

Re: Schwoegler's Monthly Tournament

Post by Hilton »

u2sean wrote:
Hilton wrote:did ryan or Ian win?
Ryan was the winner

Ian needs to working on "sweep the leg" maneuver more ;)
Ken

Post by Ken »

NoahK wrote:
Ken wrote:I even talked with a mother and son who were just there to "check it out" as one of the moms friends had told her about us.
I spoke with her this morning and she said that her and her son had a great time playing the games in the bar and that everyone was very friendly and welcoming.
Glad to hear they had a good time!
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Hey Everyone,

The monthly tournament out at Schwoegler's for November will be moving to the 4th Saturday of the month - November 28th starting at the usual 6pm time. Yes, this is Thanksgiving weekend! Thanks, and hope to see you out there!!

- Sean
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Oddly enough, that may just work out for me!
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

Woah! A Dave sighting and pinball! This is going to be awesome!
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

Hey all,

Just a reminder that the Schwoegler's tourney is this Saturday. Ditch your family (or better yet bring them with) and come out and play some pinball!

Garrett
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
Methos

Post by Methos »

BigDaddyBanjo wrote:Hey all,

Just a reminder that the Schwoegler's tourney is this Saturday. Ditch your family (or better yet bring them with) and come out and play some pinball!

Garrett
Thanks to Garrett for running the tourney yesterday. More people than I have ever seen at this event, and it ran very smoothly.
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

Yes, it was a great turnout with 32 players! Thanks to all of you for being patient as I worked through the tourney logistics (with a lot of help from Hilton). A special thanks to Ryan, Tyler and Ian for cranking through the score entry, that made things move along nicely. Sean will post the results to IFPA in the next day or so, but here is the top ten (if you want to see the whole list before IFPA posting please IM me):

1 Ryan
2 Ian
3 Tim
4 Tyler
5 Mark
6 Nick
7 Tom G.
8 Chad (Buddha)
9 Zach
10 Brodde

Thanks to everyone for turning out and playing some location pinball! Please go check out our Alt Brew location and "Like"/follow our FB page as we have some fun things planned and new games coming over the winter!

Garrett
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Thanks Garrett for putting on a great event. Congrats To Ryan on the win.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Hey everyone, final tournament of 2015 out at Schwoegler's is taking place this Saturday (Dec 19th), starting promptly at 6pm! As you already know, it's a great way to meet and hang out with other local players, and is always a good time! This is a family friendly event, with ALL ages and skill levels welcome to participate! No entry fee, just pay to play. For those looking to grab a few extra IFPA points for 2015 (you know who you are), this one could end up being a higher point value if we get as many participants as we did in November.

As always, there will be prizes for top finishers in various finishing brackets. Look forward to seeing you out there!
Last edited by u2sean on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
TheDru

Post by TheDru »

Um....just checking. The LAST tournament, or just the last of the year?
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

TheDru wrote:Um....just checking. The LAST tournament, or just the last of the year?
Sorry for the confusion, Dru! Just the last tournament of 2015!! They'll definitely be continuing in the future. I've updated my original post.
Last edited by u2sean on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

TheDru wrote:Um....just checking. The LAST tournament, or just the last of the year?

JUST of the 2015 year!

There will now in fact be 3 (that is right, THREE) monthly events available in Madison starting in Jan 2016.

1st Thursday of each month, 6:30 Alt Brew
2nd Wednesday of each month, 6:30 Pooleys
3rd Saturday of each month, 6:00 Schwoeglers

As always, up to date info can be found at http://www.madisonpinball.com
We do very rarely need to move a regularly scheduled monthly based on holdays or other work plans that prevent Sean, Garrett, or myself from running at the normal time/date, but we try to always give ample notice.

Of interest is that we do have some other fun thing splanned for 2016!
TheDru

Post by TheDru »

Whew. Crisis averted. And now I have even MORE reasons to get my wife mad @ me.
Thanks guys.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

So how did things shake up last night?