Schwoegler's Monthly Tournament

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
u2sean

Schwoegler's Monthly Tournament

Post by u2sean »

Hey everyone,

We're hosting the first of the monthly tournaments at Schwoegler's Entertainment Center this coming Saturday (Nov 22nd) from 6-9pm. Please be signed in by 5:55pm. They will normally be held the 3rd Saturday of the month, but is different for November. There will be four games: AC/DC premium, Space Jam, Tee'd Off and Simpsons (DE). They're located at 444 Grand Canyon Dr on the west side of Madison. Plenty of parking and a great tap beer selection!

Games are located on the main concourse near the front registers. This is an IFPA event, and the winner of each top 4 bracket (1st, 5th, 9th and 13th) will win a free drink ticket courtesy of Schwoegler's! Should be fun! Looking forward to seeing some of the regulars as well as new faces out there!

- Sean
Last edited by u2sean on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Hilton

Re: Schwoegler's Monthly Tournament - kickoff!

Post by Hilton »

I am getting pumped for this already!!!

If anyone is interested in getting in some practice some evening this week please let me know.
u2sean

Re: Schwoegler's Monthly Tournament - kickoff!

Post by u2sean »

Results have been submitted to IFPA. Thanks to everyone who stopped out for the first tourney, and congrats to Gareth on his first official win!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
u2sean

Re: Schwoegler's Monthly Tournament

Post by u2sean »

Just a reminder that the monthly tourney out at Schwoegler's is this coming Saturday - December 20th from 6-9pm. Free Drink prizes will again be awarded for the top finisher in each of the top 4 packs (and BOGO chips for 2nd place in each) courtesy of Schwoegler's. Hope to see you there!

- Sean
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

Bump on this reminder. Also for anyone looking for dinner beforehand, Schwoeglers has very good bar food and Pizza on their menu and the prices are reasonable. Games are playing great right now(knock on wood), so it should be a great night. Pinball starts at 6:00, see you then!
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Thanks to everyone that stopped out to play - had a great time! Congrats to Bryon on his first official win! Results have been submitted to the IFPA. Happy Holidays, everyone.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Congrats Bryon!!
Allmyfriends77

Post by Allmyfriends77 »

Thanks. This goes out to everyone who has given me some advice on the pins there. Much appreciated and I'm looking forward to next year. So much fun.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Monthly tourney this Saturday, January 17th from 6-9pm. Will be playing across 6 machines since TWD and RollerGames have joined the lineup. Should prove to be fun and I expect will move along just as quickly as before. As always, prizes for the top finishers in each of the top 4 brackets courtesy of Schwoegler's! Thanks everyone!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

More play, less waiting, and based on slightly tweaked playoff format for top 4 pack Pooley's this past week things will move along time wise just like always.
Ken

Post by Ken »

No update? Come on! What else am I supposed to do all night? Work?
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Tim E. Was the big winner last night. Congrats Tim!

Top 4 were Tim, myself, Ryan S. And Jimmy.

I really enjoyed the new format! Gave it much more of a full tournament feel vs . a monthly. Was also nice having six games to play. Can't wait for even more games to be added soon! I had a blast playing and it was great to meet some new faces. There were even some Furries that joined in the fun! Hopefully someone will post a pic of them later.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Furries? Jimmy shaved most of that stuff off though. :)
Congrats Tim!
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Furries playing a few rounds
Furries playing a few rounds
It was crazy busy at Schwoegler's ALL DAY yesterday - they had 4 separate events running really close to each other, including some sort of ComicCon / Funcon thing, so a few of the Furries stopped by to play a few rounds afterwards.

Congrats to Tim E for bringing it home! It was great to see a few new folks, one was even from IL! Results will be posted to the IFPA today. Thanks to everyone for stopping out!
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

While i was at the Launch/Monthly party, last night was my first "officially scheduled timed" tournament. It went very smooth. Yes, there were some problems. with games, but that is pinball. Sean did a wonderful job of addressing any and all issues that came up. I enjoyed the line up (mostly, could have done without taxi... really needs to work on the flippers guys). The crowd was good size (28 i think). There was a little bit of a crowding factor with the bowlers (i think it was the first night of spring break).

All in all, 9.5 out of 10. i will be back next month!

Thanks again

KingPin
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games