Schwoegler's Monthly Tournament

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
u2sean

Re: Schwoegler's Monthly Tournament

Post by u2sean »

hmmmm...maybe I need to start playing in the Tim E group from now on! :)

That's a great story - I can only imagine what the karaoke crowd was thinking. At least they didn't serenade you with "Pinball Wizard".

Congrats on winning the battle, Tim! It was a smaller crew this time but everyone had a great time. I know I did! Looking forward to next month!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

Thanks Ken, Sean, and Tom! Yeah, that was awesome. Great call on the "Pinball Wizard" song, Sean. That would have been great, but probably more pressure. :oops:
One great thing. We have a much better chance ascending in the ranks in pinball then those guys do in the singing world. What a beating! :lol:
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Reminder for the upcoming monthly tourney this Saturday, August 15th starting at 6pm at Schwoegler's (444 Grand Canyon Drive in Madison). We will be playing across 8 machines:

Star Trek Pro, Baywatch, KISS, South Park, Getaway, AC/DC, LW3 and DE Simpsons

Stop on out early to practice. Taxi and Gold Strike are available to use as playoff machines as well. There is no cost to enter, just coin drop to play. ALL ages and skill levels are welcome to participate! As always, prizes for the top finishers in each of the top 4 brackets courtesy of Schwoegler's! Thanks everyone, we look forward to seeing you out there!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

who is coming on Sat?

I am hoping to make it over for a much needed forced break from work, work on rental, work on pinball (lots to do on WOOLY if is going to be ready for MRP). Always a good time and I need more warm up before MRP.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

With the heat bringing folks in for some pinball, we had 26 participants at Schwoegler's this past Saturday including 5 brand new players! I saw a lot of seasoned players helping everyone with rules and general playing, which was great to see! I had a great time, so thanks to everyone who stopped out and made it so!

Big congrats to Nick Stanton for his first place finish, besting second place finisher Ryan Spindler in a final game of ACDC! Looking forward to next months tourney. Stay cool everyone.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

u2sean wrote: besting second place finisher Ryan Spindler in a final game of ACDC!

it is almost like you are ribbing your brother that he got beat on his favorite game ;)
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

I would *never* do anything like that!! :lol: Nick put up big scores on both South Park and ACDC in the final rounds, and knowing how well Ryan consistently plays ACDC makes it a well earned first place. Congrats to all the top finishers! Someday I hope to be able to join them. Someday...
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Alright - the next regularly scheduled monthly tournament at Schwoegler's is upon us! This Saturday, September 19th, starting at 6pm. America's Most Haunted is in, replacing AC/DC in the qualifying! Of course, all games can be used in playoffs including Gold Strike (for all you EM fans out there).

Fun will be had. Drinks will be drank. Games will be played. Prizes will be awarded. I'm looking forward to a great time as always!
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Awfully quiet on here lately. Hoping to make it to schwoeglers tonight. See you there.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Methos

Post by Methos »

Hoping to make it.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Thanks to everyone that turned out for the monthly tournament last night! It was a fun night, with a number of new players joining in as well. Top four finishers were Ryan S, Ian S, Ken K and Rob T.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thanks for hosting Sean! It was a great time! Nice to see so many new people! I even talked with a mother and son who were just there to "check it out" as one of the moms friends had told her about us. Congrats to Rob for the great play in his first WI tourney!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

did ryan or Ian win?

awesome play by Rob. Hope to see and hang with you more since you are now a Madisonian.
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

Ken wrote:I even talked with a mother and son who were just there to "check it out" as one of the moms friends had told her about us.
Glad to hear that they made it out; she is one of my co-workers. I spoke with her this morning and she said that her and her son had a great time playing the games in the bar and that everyone was very friendly and welcoming. I told her about the Fall Flipout and it sounds like they may try to get in on that.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Hilton wrote:did ryan or Ian win?
Ryan was the winner