Flippin with the Greats > Madison, WI

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Hilton

Re: Flippin with the Greats > Madison, WI

Post by Hilton »

made the thread. Thanks for the assistance Tim!

After Pooley's monthly we are starting to get the word out and sounds like getting more people interested in the format.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Reminder to sign up for FWTG so you can start competing whenever you are ready after Dec 1st.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

FWTG starts today.

I will be out to reset all high scores at Pooley's later today. Schwoegler's had all high scores reset over the weekend. Should be a clean slate so people can know what they are shooting for this month.

Don't forget to bring your camera/smart phone so you can document.

As a reminder, you need to be signed up in advance of playing for competitive purposes.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Hilton wrote:FWTG starts today.

I will be out to reset all high scores at Pooley's later today. Schwoegler's had all high scores reset over the weekend. Should be a clean slate so people can know what they are shooting for this month.

As a reminder, you need to be signed up in advance of playing for competitive purposes.
Hey Hilton,

I may go down one of these Friday's to do it but not sure. Is it something were I can send you payment and head down to Madison?
Tom.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

TomGWI wrote:
Hilton wrote:FWTG starts today.

Hey Hilton,

I may go down one of these Friday's to do it but not sure. Is it something were I can send you payment and head down to Madison?
Tom.
Yes.

1. Register for event by sending paypal gift for payment
2. Get return confirmation email with submission form for score tracking/entry (this may take a few hours to a day since I am not always on email)
3. Play all games, document high scores, and take photos to verify
4. Email submission form back with all 8 photos by the deadline for score entry (noon on Sunday Dec 28th)

please let me know if you have any other questions
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

side note: Tom (or anyone else) if you want to meet up and play let me knwo and we can plan something. I know most of the games decently well (minus ACDC) and could be a fun time of playing pinball.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Hilton wrote:side note: Tom (or anyone else) if you want to meet up and play let me knwo and we can plan something. I know most of the games decently well (minus ACDC) and could be a fun time of playing pinball.
Sounds good. Eric and I may head down on a Friday but nothing definite (still making plans)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

OK. Keep me posted. Could always stop by my place in between Pooley's and Schwoeglers if you have the time and are interested also. Open invite anytime you are in the area.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Update: Per a great suggestion by Ken, I have put the current registered player list up on the madisonpinball website under the FWTG tab.

Now you can see who is "IN" and who you are up against. A few guys already out at Pooleys tonight when I stopped out to reset high scores. I think this is going to be a fun style of event.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

got some more info on prize package stuff for FWTG

1st-place wins an entry into the IFPA LAS VEGAS FWTG final event for a chance to win a NEW pinball machine - And a set of 3 Gridiron Greats Hall of Fame medallions with low, matching serial numbers and Certificate of Authenticity signed by all 3 players.

2nd-place finisher will receive a set of 6 PAINTED Gridiron Greats NFL Star Medallions with matching serial numbers, featuring 2 color epoxy paint fill matching the players team colors.

3rd/4th-place prizes will be an Antique Bronze set of 6 Gridiron Greats NFL Star Medallions with matching serial numbers and/or a Gridiron Greats hat signed by 2002 NFL MVP Rich Gannon
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

prize photos
001.JPG
002.JPG
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

004.JPG
003.JPG
more
Ken

Post by Ken »

Alright, somebody who can afford to go to Vegas has to win this. I know there are a few of you. :)

Good luck!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Hilton wrote:Update: Per a great suggestion by Ken, .

Here's another great suggestion from Ken, don't have the games plugged into a power strip with a timer that shuts the games off at 10:40PM. Right in the middle of a great game... Power goes out on all 4 games...Being an electrician (and buzzed) I had to find the source of this tradgedy.

Since I couldn't really see under the machines I have no idea what I did to the timer. But the games came back on. Left some credits for you guys as by then I was to spent from work to play anymore ;)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Sorry Ken, We put them on a timer because the bar was neglecting to turn them off at the end of the night or on in the morning sometimes. Appears that they are now flipping the breaker again, but only sometimes, which negates the benefits of a timer.

I will get out there to remove the timer.