JULY 12th PINBALL PARTY : SE WI 53147

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
noncommittaldave

Re: JULY 12th PINBALL PARTY : SE WI 53147

Post by noncommittaldave »

Hilton wrote:???

It is like you are gone on tour and then need to come home and wipe out the entire WI market in a week :)

The funny thing about all this is that he actually had to travel out of state to buy all of these games. Maybe i'm mistaken about the who dunnit but that doesn't concern you as you've already cycled that one through. You're gonna be jelly over that Strikes and Spares, Mr. Gottlieb Cheese collector...
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Hilton wrote:I know you say you have no limits on your parties, but a heads up that an open invite to your party was posted one of the MKE facebook groups (around 200 members).

I assume you are fine with people posting but wanted to let you know.

Well that is a little annoying. There is a reason I'm not on facebook and I'm not sure why someone would post that since I asked people to RSVP. If you don't mind could you ask the person to take that down. I'm not pissed but I also don't like the idea of people just showing up without RSVP'ing.

Maybe this will have to be the last party if it all turns south. :?

thanks for the heads up.

chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

noncommittaldave wrote:The funny thing about all this is that he actually had to travel out of state to buy all of these games. Maybe i'm mistaken about the who dunnit but that doesn't concern you as you've already cycled that one through. You're gonna be jelly over that Strikes and Spares, Mr. Gottlieb Cheese collector...
Dave's right. MI is down a SnS. IL is down a Black Rose and AC/DC. Although I met an amazing Pinhead in Harvard over the AC/DC deal. Just a real nice dude. I almost feel guilty buying the machine.........Ok not really. :lol:

BTW: He will be looking to replace his lose with a couple 2K pins so he may pop up here looking.

chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

ChrisS wrote:
noncommittaldave wrote:The funny thing about all this is that he actually had to travel out of state to buy all of these games. Maybe i'm mistaken about the who dunnit but that doesn't concern you as you've already cycled that one through. You're gonna be jelly over that Strikes and Spares, Mr. Gottlieb Cheese collector...
Dave's right. MI is down a SnS. IL is down a Black Rose and AC/DC. Although I met an amazing Pinhead in Harvard over the AC/DC deal. Just a real nice dude. I almost feel guilty buying the machine.........Ok not really. :lol:

BTW: He will be looking to replace his loss with a couple $2K pins so he may pop up here looking.

chris
Last edited by ChrisS on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Hey All,

So I've done it again. Somehow I have planned a party without planning enough time to get through all the projects.

I'm looking at the list of things I need to get done for the party and things are mounting up. I'm looking for a little help if someone has a couple free hours.

July 11th is the only day to knock this out. I'll be around all day. Prepping for the party. Or if someone wants to come early on the 12th.

List of projects:

Al's Garage Band World Tour: Right Side GI. Currently blowing fuse when turned on.
GNR: Shooter lane coil swap and Tip on main board.
NBAFB: Defender Mech blows fuse. I think there is a ghost in the machine. Neo helped tech this out and it worked for a few days. Then it was down. Took it to Ralghwiggum took it and couldnt get it to fail. Get if home and it fails again. Its a re-import. Not sure where to head.
Rolling Stones: Trough error. I've been told to swap out the roll over switches but have opened the coin door in the past and you can see that the balls aren't actually rolling over the switch. It gets hung up and rests right before the last switch so its not being activated.

Thanks in advance to anyone that may have time. I have beer, crappy frozen pizzas and a great sense of humor.

chris
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

ChrisS wrote: Well that is a little annoying. There is a reason I'm not on facebook and I'm not sure why someone would post that since I asked people to RSVP. If you don't mind could you ask the person to take that down. I'm not pissed but I also don't like the idea of people just showing up without RSVP'ing.

Just saw your post now I looked back and it appears to have been removed from FB already. I am sure the poster meant no harm, just wanted to give you a heads up.

Hopefully it does not bring in any issues.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Anyone from Madison area interested in car pooling over?

Heidi and I plan to attend and would like to get there earlier rather than later and make it back home at a reasonable time (dogs need attention to).
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Hilton wrote:Just saw your post now I looked back and it appears to have been removed from FB already. I am sure the poster meant no harm, just wanted to give you a heads up.
Hey Hilton,

Thanks again for the heads up. A fellow pinhead hit me up and contacted the poster for me and they were nice enough to take it down. I'm sure it will be fine. I'm looking forward to catching up with some pinheads.

chris
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

OK So here is the official end of party post.

Big thanks to the following folks:

First to my Mom. She is always there to help prep and spruce things up so my place doesn't seem like a complete bachlor pad.

Dave for helping to move machines.

Steve for helping whip some machines in line.

Greg for helping hang the night before and whipping down some machines.

Hilton for showing up early and helping with some last minute bits and bobs. And putting up with my Mom's military style of putting people to work. Also for jumping under the hood of MET when it was flaking out. I hadn't even finished my game and made it that way and he already had it sorted. Thanks Dude.

Also a big thanks for those that had time to come out and hang. I love catching up with friends and talking shop but there were also a lot of new faces this time around. Good to see that things are growing. Hope to see even more people next time

Congrats to Neo for taking the Bubble Hockey Tourney. $80 big ones for the win. Thanks for those that helped seed the pot. See it pays to come to parties.

Here are the play counts:
Sopranos - 55
WOF - 47
T2 - 64
NGG - 71
FT - 83
SS - 92
TOM - 64
W?D - 53
MET - 105
Tommy - 48
GnR - 58
AC/DC - 102
TRS - 69
EATPM - 62
Riverboat Gambler - 44
Diner - 72
Family Guy - 53
Elvis - 17 (it was in the garage)

Thanks again to all.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Man, what a great time, the only thing that would have made it better was teaching my kids to sleep in past 6am...

I enjoyed seeing 4 more Dik's showing up in your collection and then seeing one more Dick show up at your front door at 12:30am... LOL
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

You make me want to erase all your high scores...........And well put about the clown at the door.

chris
Ken

Post by Ken »

Great party as usual. Thanks for having us over Chris! Food was great, pinball was excellent, and the company was unbeatable!

So who showed up at 12:30?

EDIT: Saw the post on pinside. Kinda sorry I missed it. :)