OFFICIAL Barry Oursler Charity Event> Register NOW

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Hilton

OFFICIAL Barry Oursler Charity Event> Register NOW

Post by Hilton »

Registration officially open for "$20 and a 6er"

website should be active.

LIMITED TO FIRST 16 people to register. SIGN UP NOW!

https://sites.google.com/site/helpbarryo/

"$20 and a 6er" >> March 8th 2014 6pm> A pinball event for Barry O
Anyone signing up for this likely already knows the deal. Barry Oursler and his wife have recently been hit with some large and ongoing medical expenses. This event is a fundraiser to help out one of the coolest pinball designers of all time.

I will keep it short and sweet.
When: Saturday March 8th, 6pm (sharp) start time
Where: Hilton and Heidi's place (register and you will be provided information)
What: an IFPA sanctioned event limited to the first 16 people to sign up.
Format: 4 4packs play through 5 rounds. 1st round 4-packs determined by IFPA ranks prior to event start. Rounds after than determined by finish position in previous round(all 1st places play together, 2nd places play together, etc). Points awarded 7-5-3-1 for 1st through 4th in each 4 pack each round. For example, if you win all 5 rounds you would have a perfect score for the event of 35 total points. May do 1 game playoffs if we have excessive ties...
Expect competition to take 2.5-3hrs minimum.

We will likely do some sort of fun side event but that has not yet been decided for sure.

Following the event I will likely keep the doors open for competitors to hang out and have fun playing pinball. If you suck I retain the right to tell you to get the heck out ;) In other words, please respect my house, my family, and my games.

Cost: $20 plus a 6er of good beer. 100% of the funds raised go to the Barry fund. If we hit the cap of 16 people then we will have raised $320 to help him out. The 6er of good/ unique beer is to share with everyone else. It is asked that you drink a different beer on each trip back to the cooler so we can all sample some great new brews. Please drink and play pinball responsibly!

How to reserve your spot: email hmjones3@gmail.com
Once you email you are committed and will get a confirmation. Pay the cash when you arrive. If you ditch after confirming, still pay the cash >> it is for charity Mr. Pink!

cheers
Last edited by Hilton on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KingPin Games

Re: Potential Barry Oursler Charity Event?

Post by KingPin Games »

i could probably be persuaded to figure something out. let me know when you get more of a solid idea.

would we doing this at a local establishment or at a house?
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

We would do this at my house.

How does Saturday March 8th work for people? 6pm start?
4 4-packs play through 5? rounds. 1st round 4-packs determined by IFPA ranks. Rounds after than determined by finish position in previous round. Points awarded 7-5-3-1 for 1st through 4th (Just like league). Most points after end of 5 rounds wins. All $ goes to Barry fund. How much is appropriate for people? I was going to donate $20 to his website/cause anyway so I figure that is a good number.

After competition is over, people are welcome to hang out and play pinball for fun for the remainder of the evening.

Only other request is to bring a 6er of your favorite beer or an interesting/new beer to share. Every beer throughout the night you should sample something new (basically a fun way to try out some new beverages)

Before I pull the trigger I want to make sure there is interest. Please respond!

If there is interest then I will pull the trigger and spam all the forums and facebook crap at the same time so there is equal opportunity for anyone to sign up. First come first served.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

It's pinball and it's for a good cause. You can count me in! Thanks for taking the initiative. I like the shorter format and later start especially since Wauna is the week before.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

I'll be out of town that weekend so won't be able to make this one. Sounds like a good idea - hope it goes well!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

anyone else? If at least a handful more of the regulars can confirm interest then I will officially pull the trigger.
tullster

Post by tullster »

I'm interested, but can't commit until probably the day of the event.

Sorry I can't do any better than that, but at least you have a "maybe" !!
Ran

Post by Ran »

This is a really great idea.
If the wife doesn't have us booked on either of those nights I''m in.
Current Collection
Hobbit LE | Spider-Man | Mousin’ Around | Counterforce
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

OK. I will make it official later today. When I get home from work I need to edit the last chance website (or just make a new one) with details so I am compliant with IFPA rules.

Registration will be first come first served. Strictly limited to the first 16 people to email me after the website goes live. I will spam all internet places so all have an equal shot at the 16 spots.

$20 plus a 6er. All the money goes to the Barry fund so we should raise $320 total.

6ers go into the communal pot and everyone is asked to try a new beer each time you go back tot he bin.

Should be fun and for a good cause.

Lets plan on Marck 8th 6pm start.
rdexter

Post by rdexter »

Hilton - thanks for pulling this together. This is my oldest son's birthday or I would definitely try and get one of those coveted 16 spots. Also - love the idea and your passion about bringing a pinball destination spot to Madtown!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Registration officially open for "$20 and a 6er"

website should be active.

LIMITED TO FIRST 16 people to register. SIGN UP NOW!

https://sites.google.com/site/helpbarryo/

"$20 and a 6er" >> March 8th 2014 6pm> A pinball event for Barry O
Anyone signing up for this likely already knows the deal. Barry Oursler and his wife have recently been hit with some large and ongoing medical expenses. This event is a fundraiser to help out one of the coolest pinball designers of all time.

I will keep it short and sweet.
When: Saturday March 8th, 6pm (sharp) start time
Where: Hilton and Heidi's place (register and you will be provided information)
What: an IFPA sanctioned event limited to the first 16 people to sign up.
Format: 4 4packs play through 5 rounds. 1st round 4-packs determined by IFPA ranks prior to event start. Rounds after than determined by finish position in previous round(all 1st places play together, 2nd places play together, etc). Points awarded 7-5-3-1 for 1st through 4th in each 4 pack each round. For example, if you win all 5 rounds you would have a perfect score for the event of 35 total points. May do 1 game playoffs if we have excessive ties...
Expect competition to take 2.5-3hrs minimum.

We will likely do some sort of fun side event but that has not yet been decided for sure.

Following the event I will likely keep the doors open for competitors to hang out and have fun playing pinball. If you suck I retain the right to tell you to get the heck out ;) In other words, please respect my house, my family, and my games.

Cost: $20 plus a 6er of good beer. 100% of the funds raised go to the Barry fund. If we hit the cap of 16 people then we will have raised $320 to help him out. The 6er of good/ unique beer is to share with everyone else. It is asked that you drink a different beer on each trip back to the cooler so we can all sample some great new brews. Please drink and play pinball responsibly!

How to reserve your spot: email hmjones3@gmail.com
Once you email you are committed and will get a confirmation. Pay the cash when you arrive. If you ditch after confirming, still pay the cash >> it is for charity Mr. Pink!

cheers
Hilton

Re: OFFICIAL Barry Oursler Charity Event> Register NOW

Post by Hilton »

3 spots filled. 13 to go.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

4 spots filled
Hilton

Post by Hilton »