Blackbird Bar Tournament - Feb 2nd, 2014

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
jpolfer

Blackbird Bar Tournament - Feb 2nd, 2014

Post by jpolfer »

What? Blackbird Bar's Monthly Pinball League!
Where? Blackbird Bar (3007 S Kinnickinnic Ave Milwaukee, WI 53207; just north of Oklahoma on KK)
When? February 2nd, 2014 at 6PM
Format? Round-robin qualifying on 3 games (one attempt), final four playoff for prizes and prestige!
Cost? Quarters only (50 cents per credit). Expect to spend $3-4 max.
Prizes? Beer and brewery tour tix from Milwaukee Brewing Co, drinks from Blackbird Bar, and more!
Lineup: Star Trek: TNG, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Twilight Zone, Monster Bash, and Batman: Dark Knight.

Note: to the best of my knowledge, this is happening, despite the fact that the Super Bowl will be airing at the same time. Blackbird has flatscreen TVs that will be showing the game during the time we are there.

Register at the Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/326079024126407/
jpolfer

Re: Blackbird Bar Tournament - Feb 2nd, 2014

Post by jpolfer »

Bump - happening Sunday!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

John, remind me...

Is this the one that you said would be best to attend?
Ken

Post by Ken »

For fun I think he said this one was the best, but no WPPR. I'll probably go to the Fink's one if you want to carpool.
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

Hilton, the one I suggested you attend was Fink's.

I don't run this one, Matt Koster does. 1st prize is usually a roll of quarters + beer + brewery tour tix. Have yet to get it myself, bucket-list goal. It's a ton of fun. It isn't IFPA-endorsed, as Ken mentioned, but it still has a serious monthly turnout and attracts a different mix of people that you don't see at Uptowner and Fink's. It started in June of 2012 and has been going strong since.

I like Matt Koster and Blackbird and owe a debt of gratitude to them for helping grow the pinball community Michelle and I were able to tap into for Uptowner and Fink's, so I promote them here along with the tournaments I'm more involved with, and try to attend whenever I can.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

thumbs up!