MGC 2018!!!

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
jasonm

Re: MGC 2018!!!

Post by jasonm »

The load in/out isn't bad with the dock. It's fairly easy bringing stuff up and a ton of room up there. Given that the majority of people seem to have cars or cars + trailer; there will be a lot of room. The way it's work for other cons I've worked/helped out there, is surface lot across from the convention center (can see it on the map, off 5th and Wells) is where we'd park larger trucks. I'm assuming Dan will be working out some parking rate for that. That's how it's been handled in the past.

It's not really THAT bad doing all the loading/unloading/parking down there; just going to be different. I'm sure the first year will be difficult or some adjusting, but after that, it's not horrible.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

I'm sure it will all work out and be a great show. Dealing with traffic is a one-time thing in the morning. I'd happily deal with that for lots more space indoors!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Methos

Post by Methos »

I admit this was the one location I was hoping it was not. I've been here before for the WASB convention and it feels unfriendly and static and downtown Milwaukee sucks.

But I'm happy to see the event continue.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

I used to run the arcade at the Hilton (attached to the Wisconsin center) and 1) there is more parking at the Hilton than I think we can use. $8 a day isn't terrible, and 2) I have never felt unsafe in this area. If you stay in one of the two attached hotels, you don't ever have to step outside. They both have walkways connected directly to the Wisconsin center.

This will be great for the show in general and for those of us that have to stand in the same area for 3 days straight. More space means less heat and less "scent de pinball nerd."

Excited to see what fills this wonderful space.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Hm, so is there much more hotel space available? That's a nice plus!
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I don't know anything about the venue, but it looks promising to me. A big open space for the pins is going to be amazing - nice big walkways means I may even pop in there during the day and play some games!

So it's the Hilton and the Hyatt that are attached? Any idea which is going to be better for the event (proximity to the pinball stuff)?
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Roughly the same distance.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Methos

Post by Methos »

Both hotels are connected to the venue via a skywalk. I'm staying at the Hyatt as I've been there before a few times and like the decor a bit more. Either one is fine, although I would book your hotel asap.
JohnH

Post by JohnH »

Eric_S wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:10 pm I'm looking forward to 2018 MGC too. A new venue can breathe new life into a show.

I was thinking it might be cool to coordinate a theme for pinball machines to bring to the show. I was thinking the classic Bally early solid state games (1978-1982). Bally put out some great games in this period and it would be cool to have a line-up of them.
I'm in...bringing a Skateball.
Players: Blast Off, Space Mission, Skateball, Whirlwind, Viking
Projects: Joker Poker
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

KingPin Games wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:12 pm I'm out. Not even my wife is that old. Tell ya what, you guys bring the cool older games and I will try to bring enough of the newer ones so there isn't much of a line to play.

Deal?
Sounds good to me.

Tell me more about all these newer games you have to bring...
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

so looking forward to MGC 2018!!!
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Eric_S wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:49 pm
KingPin Games wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:12 pm I'm out. Not even my wife is that old. Tell ya what, you guys bring the cool older games and I will try to bring enough of the newer ones so there isn't much of a line to play.

Deal?
Sounds good to me.

Tell me more about all these newer games you have to bring...
Woz
Hobut
Dialed in
Jjp 4
Tna
Alice Cooper (possibly)

Plus about 90 other pieces (some pins, some others)
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Wow, that’s going to be one heck of a show for you!
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

it's time to let people know just how much inventory I really have ready to go.

100 pieces are about 10% of the inventory. For most of you, it is meaningless items (cranes, redemption games, newer video, etc), but we also need to show the rest of the gaming shows just how awesome Midwest Gaming Classic has become.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

I just hope the show doesn't overcompensate for the new space and line up enough stuff that it's crammed again, :D
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty