Pinburgh 2017; Jul 27-29th

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Hilton

Pinburgh 2017; Jul 27-29th

Post by Hilton »

We are thinking about doing this eent next year and wanted to see whom else is heading down.
Thought it ,ay be nice to start a thread with info and tips.

My understanding is tickets will go on sale Dec 3rd.
Event will be July 27-29th
Likely to be a pre-event in the area on July 26th.

Please share your thoughts on what are other must see things in Pitt (we may make it a week long trip).
Looks like still much better deals on local airbnb and vrbo than what the hotel costs so other may want to think about that for comfort and cost (super cheap to split a nice apartment and be able to cook real food).

Any places to check out along the way?
We thought about driving through clevland and heard it is a neat city to visit for a day?
epthegeek

Re: Pinburgh 2017; Jul 27-29th

Post by epthegeek »

There's been a pin-golf style tournament somewhere near by the night before both of the last 2 years. But several people I talked to who went to that regretted it given how much sleep they didn't get before the long pinburgh days.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

epthegeek wrote:There's been a pin-golf style tournament somewhere near by the night before both of the last 2 years. But several people I talked to who went to that regretted it given how much sleep they didn't get before the long pinburgh days.

good to know and thanks!

Are you planning to go again next year?
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Yep. I'll be there.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

OK, whom scored tickets for 2017?

We are going and excited to finally check this out!
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

All three Spindler brothers will be there!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

u2sean wrote:All three Spindler brothers will be there!

that sounds like trouble :)

glad you are all going! Should be a fun brothers trip!
chaos

Post by chaos »

I'll be there. I'll be staying with some of the PPL folks, but might be able to road trip from Madison this year--I already have a bicycle in Pittsburgh.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

I scored a ticket and planning on going for the first time!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

MikeS wrote:I scored a ticket and planning on going for the first time!

awesome news!

sounds like quite the Madison area players group will be there!
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

It's almost Pinburgh time! Very excite!

I haven't been practicing anywhere near as much as I should. I'll regret that later I'm sure.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

What's this Pinburgh thing you speak of? Never heard of it.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

What is this practice thing you speak of???

I actually have been playing really bad lately which has sucked some of my enthusiasm from this trip (I was on a hot streak earlier in the year).

Hopefully I can play decent and not take it too serious (but serious enough) to have fun with it. Also hoping Heidi can get a few good rounds in. She has been playing well and it is fun to see her do well.

Looking forward to the trip and frankly just not working for a few days!

Glad so many locals are going as it will be fun to see you all.
pinballgap

Post by pinballgap »

The fine people at Pinburgh are still in need of volunteers so if anyone can go early (Monday, Tuesday,Wednesday) and help set up or stay afterward on the following Monday to help tear down reach out to them. The link is on their main page.Thier was some things during the show also but not sure how it affects the tournament playing.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Heyo —

I am looking to hitch a ride to Pinburgh this year and am happy to buy gas and some snacks! My schedule is flexible next week, so I'm happy to leave whenever works best for you. I already have a bed lined up for myself; my ride just backed out at the last minute. I'm also only looking for a one-way ticket. I'm planning to bus to Detroit on the other side of the tournament. (Although I'd also be happy to buy the gas from Pittsburgh -> Detroit if you don't mind the extra 45–60 minutes that would add to your return trip.)

Please send me a private message if this works for you!

I have only played one of the regular tournaments with the Madison crew and was introduced to Ken at Pinburgh 2015. I can also find plenty of pinballers from Portland who will vouch that I'm neither a complete asshole nor a serial killer. Let me know if you want references.

Hope to hear from you soon / hope to face you in the tournament!