MGC 2017!!!!!!

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
ChrisS

MGC 2017!!!!!!

Post by ChrisS »

Its coming. Get your rooms now!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsdkREk ... ay=1&rel=0

https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com

Sorry I'm just getting excited.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Chris K

Re: MGC 2017!!!!!!

Post by Chris K »

Aw man, you said it. The first time after MGC that someone says "MGC", I get all excited. Now it's only six months to wait! ARGH! :D
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

I have had my room booked since they went up. Very much looking forward to MGC! My wife and I had a great time last year. Hopefully things work out so that we can bring a couple games and experience the Saturday night party that I have heard so much about.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
chaos

Post by chaos »

Aaand it's in direct conflict with PAPA again. Sad Chaos.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

chaos wrote:Aaand it's in direct conflict with PAPA again. Sad Chaos.

What's the allure of PAPA? Let me preface this with the fact that I'm not a competitive player.

I would think that if your looking to play pinball and lots of it MGC would be the way to go since there are so many machines. Or do you actually get to play a lot of pinball at a tourney like that? Or is it more about the competition?
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

ChrisS wrote:
chaos wrote:Aaand it's in direct conflict with PAPA again. Sad Chaos.

What's the allure of PAPA? Let me preface this with the fact that I'm not a competitive player.
With the way you play at Ballers, that is pretty obvious...

:lol:
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Yeah, sucks about PAPAconflict again. I am starting to think it happens on purpose?

chris, PAPA is actually all about playing the other games. There are 40 games in competition and the other 350 are available for casual token play at .50 per game in most cases. The format allows you to put up competitive tickets in your ten game bank at your liesure or not at all and just play the other games.

That said, I will always pick MGC in this conflict. Supporting the local show will always win.
chaos

Post by chaos »

For me, PAPA is all about the people, and the side tournaments. And the format is just way more inviting. You can play a game or two on your bank, go mess around on a table you've never seen before, put in a few Classics entries, watch some amazing players over in A division, and then eventually wander back. You can take everything at your own pace, and the waiting in line seems less atrocious.

There are three separate days of Classics tournaments. There's a split flipper tournament. Folks are separated out (or self-selected) into divisions the entire time, so it isn't me competing against people who are clearly able to annihilate me, or people who have never played a tournament before.

There's always some neat game that's been modified in some ridiculous way, like a table where you have to play Simon and hit the shots in the pattern that the machine lit up, or a table with a frosted glass pattern covering the playfield, or Attack From Mars where the flipper buttons are on the backbox and you stand behind it on a platform to play.

I hate that I have to keep making this choice between MGC and PAPA, but the decision isn't actually hard.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

i am trying to follow, but may not understand... are you just trying to see unread posts since you last logged in? if so, once you log in, there is a link at the top that says view unread posts...
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix